NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm surprised no one has made a thread...but since i actually got to play the beta today, why not make a thread?

I know a guy that works at bungie, he lives down the road from me and hosted a "halo reach presentation party"...free chickfila so i went.... but basically from what he talked about...its going to be amazing

-Halo 3,2,1 campaign was around 8 hours on heroic...this game took him 21 hours
-The 'upped' the staff from 50 to 150 (the main people)
-When you die within 5 secs of spawning, the announcer guys says "COOL SPAWN BRO"
-ahh there is no main lobby...you actually play capture the flag or something to go to a certain option.
-makes the game use more skill (after you first shot, you start to lose accuracy--like battle rifle)
- Dual Swords :)
-game type which you drop down in a pod
-better ranking system so you cant get carried to level 50 like on halo3
-Make your own maps, including terrain.
-MAKE YOUR OWN CAMPAIGN. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see halo 1,2,3 remade using the campaign maker.
-wearable

That

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well thats just what he said..and on heroics

The campaign is NOT linear like it was in the past halos. Like...in old halos YOU GOT TO TAKE THIS PATH

In this one, its free roam. That could be good, or bad imo. But anyhow, he said decisions effected your outcome? So maybe multiple endings perhaps?

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Ive never been a halonaut. I could never get into it. The online is too slow for my liking, so nope i wont be spending the money. Probably not even to rent it, although i may play at a friends but thats it.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Some of those new features seem weird, others cool.

I used to love halo games. Halo 2 was great fun online (back when xbox live was fun), halo 3 was a little more ehhh, and ODST was a waste of time.

Make your own campaign? I might pick it up just for that. Custom content always ends up being better than the stuff it is shipped with.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
I have no idea what you ****ing kids are talking about

Weren't you like 20-21 when the first halo came out?

·
Registered
792 Posts
Give me the wearable helmet.

Honestly, I wanted to get the collectors edition because the picture looks like it has a wearable helmet. When I saw it at Gamestop, I was like "no halo 3 for me, idiots."

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
Halo was/is a great game. Halo 2 and 3 are terrible. ODST, what's that? Reach will be no better, only worse as the storyline worsens with each additional released game.

·
NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO!!!!
15,579 Posts
Weren't you like 20-21 when the first halo came out?
before Halo 3 came out my wife made me play campaign mode with her for Halo and Halo 2. When three came out, she made me wait in line at WalMart at midnight with the nerds. She was pregnant (translation - I worked for 17 years and supported your ass with my high paying a fashion job, now I'm going to play video games and go the gym all day while you're stuck at work) so she played the **** out of 3 - I only played it through once.

But reading the OPs post, I have no ****ing clue what he's talking about.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
But reading the OPs post, I have no ****ing clue what he's talking about.
...what...

He must not be very good, unless this game will be ultra long like you say. But I'll keep that in mind when I play.
He has over 200 games at his house. He is actually pretty good..not amazing...but good. You got to think, its on heroic..and your first time playing the game.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts

(<-wtf i cant embed videos?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2VJHP7KgL0U&feature=player_embedded

^^^ link to video i can embed for some reason^^^

yea i've been playing the beta. and i like it. i think it'll give it that new freshness it needs to get me back into playing it. i used to play the crap out of that game. odst sucked. hopfully they can pull it off to be fun again.

seems like i don't get screwed on my kills like 3 did. server just seemed sluggish. now everything is crisp. and i like it.

cod can suck it. i played it. im decent at it. can hold my own. piss people off what ever but its who ever can camp the best with out being caught. halo is an in your face who can out gun and out wit the person there toe to toe with. wiping out whole teams with a grenade and a couple shots to the nogin is more satisfying then crouch shoot. move over five feet. crouch shoot. move to the room over wait. crouch shoot.

or just a run an knife. cod gets old and boring. and halo is STILL the most played game on live. if your a fan you'll love it. if your just a gamer who plays what ever comes out new every month then you wont like it. you're either a fan or not.

·
Winner
344 Posts
^ Battlefield is where it's at. So many different ways you can **** around.

Here's your video bob.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VJHP7KgL0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2VJHP7KgL0U&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I think they are trying to hard. Halo 2 was alright but after a while they just kept changing everything so that people would stop crying and I stopped playing.

My friend also gave me some speech on how the weapon changes and what not between games would be impossible given the time constraints within the story making the game not flow very well. I think they should just re-make halo 1 and start over from there.

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
I dont know how anyone can get into Halo long term. Its slow and the graphics are WAAYYY dated. I bought Halo 3 a couple months back for my elite and I returned it within the 7 day used game window.

·
gb2 ff
455 Posts
from that video, the gameplay reminds me of Tribes. which would have been cool like 10 years ago.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts