NewCelica.org Forum banner

21 - 40 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
BUMPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

So yea, this game comes out next month. Just found out theres a Halo Reach console that i must have to go with my halo3 LE console.

Bungie has explained what it was on about when it said the new Xbox 360 bundle for Halo: Reach would have "custom sound effects from the Halo universe".

Speaking at Comic-Con, the developer said that when you hit the on/off button you hear the Invisibility power-up sound effect, rather than the chime that plays when the new console's capacitive button currently senses your oily fingertip.

What's more, when you eject the disc tray it plays the noise you hear when the Spartan's shield armour charges.

Needless to say, this is the coolest thing in the history of things, and clearly justifies the

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts
Well... it's a cash cow all right.

Same old $hit, but the fan-flies will flock to it, as usual.

·
Argentum Chaos Vae Victis
6,652 Posts

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Well I'm surprised no one has made a thread...but since i actually got to play the beta today, why not make a thread?

I know a guy that works at bungie, he lives down the road from me and hosted a "halo reach presentation party"...free chickfila so i went.... but basically from what he talked about...its going to be amazing

-Halo 3,2,1 campaign was around 8 hours on heroic...this game took him 21 hours
-The 'upped' the staff from 50 to 150 (the main people)
-When you die within 5 secs of spawning, the announcer guys says "COOL SPAWN BRO"
-ahh there is no main lobby...you actually play capture the flag or something to go to a certain option.
-makes the game use more skill (after you first shot, you start to lose accuracy--like battle rifle)
- Dual Swords :)
-game type which you drop down in a pod
-better ranking system so you cant get carried to level 50 like on halo3
-Make your own maps, including terrain.
-MAKE YOUR OWN CAMPAIGN. He said he wouldn't be surprised to see halo 1,2,3 remade using the campaign maker.
-wearable

That

·
Registered
826 Posts
3. Make your own campaign? I can't find a new story that list this feature. You sure it was not "create your own maps" like every other shooter has?
I believe there was a lot of confusion about this before. I think the map editor was overhauled and from what I've been hearing you can do a lot more with the new Forge. It's called "Forge World" Which is a mega map said to be about 5x bigger than the largest multiplayer map. They removed a lot of limitations from the Original Forge and now players can impose objects anywhere they see fit in the Forge World space. Here is a good link and I got a video to show just how massive and better it is compared to the past. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/23/halo-reach-forge-world-and-firefight-versus-mode/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j32EFEgu3os&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j32EFEgu3os&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Done and... DONE.
:D

EDIT: Also to all you COD fans. **** that game. Come play Operation Flashpoint if you want realism.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I believe there was a lot of confusion about this before. I think the map editor was overhauled and from what I've been hearing you can do a lot more with the new Forge. It's called "Forge World" Which is a mega map said to be about 5x bigger than the largest multiplayer map. They removed a lot of limitations from the Original Forge and now players can impose objects anywhere they see fit in the Forge World space. Here is a good link and I got a video to show just how massive and better it is compared to the past. http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/23/halo-reach-forge-world-and-firefight-versus-mode/

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/j32EFEgu3os&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/j32EFEgu3os&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

:D

EDIT: Also to all you COD fans. **** that game. Come play Operation Flashpoint if you want realism.

Thanks for that video, but the map editor will not be nearly as cool as you think it will be. That map editor is just like modifying objects on like 3-5 existing maps. You can not modify the world but only the objects in the world.

Why would they let you make full blown maps when they probably plan to charge for these cool maps at some point in time?

·
Registered
779 Posts
From reading this it looks like i am the only one who actually enjoyed halo 3. I stick mainly to multiplayer and even though i hated the new controls at first, once i got used to them I enjoyed it more than Halo 2 multi. I have been playing the beta and it seems pretty awsome. I like the different classes of spartans you can choose.

I have been playing COD lately and I hate the fact that some d-bag noob can pop out from his camping spot behind me and i have little to no chance at surviving. When it comes to Halo if your any good, you can still turn around and blast the noob in the face. Halo actually has key areas that are essential to controlling a map. COD has some of those but any idiot with a noob toob can end your reign.

Map Size+Vehicles = Halo Win

I dont look for realism, just for fun

·
Registered
779 Posts
^ I have enjoyed both (Bad Companys), but Halo has more people playing so i tend to stick in that direction.

On a side note, the Beta feels stangley empty. I can realy describe why, it is the same feeling i got when playing ODST (which was almost as bad as the Prison Break game). I just feel strangly disconnected from my in game surroundings.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
^ I have enjoyed both (Bad Companys), but Halo has more people playing so i tend to stick in that direction.

On a side note, the Beta feels stangley empty. I can realy describe why, it is the same feeling i got when playing ODST (which was almost as bad as the Prison Break game). I just feel strangly disconnected from my in game surroundings.
Thats because ODST sucked so bad people probably decided to play other games.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
It is obvious you have never played Battlefield games.
The first one was fun, the second was so bad I returned it the same day. The graphics were barely ok for a PS2.

As for why MW2 is awesome, it's matter of personal opinion. The online play is a blast....for me....and millions of others.

Halo 3 was like Halo 2, everyone said it sucked because it wasn't like the original. Well I didn't like the original as much as 2 (multiplayer wise) and I didn't like 3 as much as I did 2....so it's REALLY all personal opinion. You just have different ideas of fun.

God, if I still cared about video games I could write so much more, but I really don't. I can't see myself ever spending $60 on a few hours of fun. Which is why the only games I buy, I get ONLY for online play and even then it's down to less than 2 games a year.

Reach will probably be the only game I buy this year, and it better not be anything like ODST because that was truly horrible.

EDIT: I also just realized that Halo 2 came out before the 360 which is why I liked it. It was before xbox live became something everyone ages 7-17 had whereas before it was much more.....mature. I had some great random friends that would always be playing, we made up custom games that are now actual game types, we played for hours on end, and why? Because xbox live was a niche group, very few people had it compared to now. I would say 1 in 100 games I joined had a dickwad 12 year old. Now it's like 1 in 2....and that's if people even have their mic.

Translation: I miss the old xbox live. For the love of god, M$ needs a 18+ or 21+ section.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
1. Upped staff from 50 to 150. How many of those were marketing/testing? Considering after Halo 3 (which sucked ass by the way) they are pumping out these ****ty Halo games I would not be surprised to see them understaffed.

2. 20 hours? Total bull****. Halo ODST was not even 8 hours.

3. Make your own campaign? I can't find a new story that list this feature. You sure it was not "create your own maps" like every other shooter has?
Honestly when i made this thread, i was assuming that my brothers friend really did work at bungie.

He told me that the legendary edition would come with a wearable helm, as which i found out that isnt true.

Im not sure if this guy was all show, but he hard archives, soundclips, everything. There were about 50 people at his 'presentation'.

Ill believe him if his name is on the credits page.

I honestly dont care if the game sucks; im just looking forward to the console :)

21 - 40 of 98 Posts