NewCelica.org Forum banner

41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Honestly when i made this thread, i was assuming that my brothers friend really did work at bungie.

He told me that the legendary edition would come with a wearable helm, as which i found out that isnt true.

Im not sure if this guy was all show, but he hard archives, soundclips, everything. There were about 50 people at his 'presentation'.

Ill believe him if his name is on the credits page.

I honestly dont care if the game sucks; im just looking forward to the console :)
You got Fed in the A

·
Registered
826 Posts
It is obvious you have never played Battlefield games.
1942 Desert Combat > all the other BFs. 2142 was fun and a little different but not the same.

: I miss the old xbox live. For the love of god, M$ needs a 18+ or 21+ section.
Best idea yet. :thumbup: I can't play GTA4 without running into 20 12 year olds with the MODs downloaded. Microsoft and Rockstar have done **** to fix the issue. I shouldn't have to get online and worry about some jack ass kid with a modded xbox freezing my xbox just because he doesn't like the random color my name popped up with.

Also GET Operation Flashpoint!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Rawr, Rawr, if halo 1 is so special the whip out the old xbox and get to playing that. this isn't about the last ones this about the new one.

if the older halo's were so awesome then why doesn't anyone play them regularly? good games yes. heres a new one, try it out.

·
Celestial
534 Posts
Did you beta Halo Reach? I am not disagreeing with you. For me it goes Halo-Halo Reach-Halo 3-Halo 2 all concerning multi player of course.
No, I didn't play the Reach beta. I actually stopped playing after halo 3 came out just because the physics became way too different for me. Something about the multiplayer simplicity of the first halo really caught my attention. Then halo 2 came out and everything changed...

·
Registered
826 Posts
No, I didn't play the Reach beta. I actually stopped playing after halo 3 came out just because the physics became way too different for me. Something about the multiplayer simplicity of the first halo really caught my attention. Then halo 2 came out and everything changed...
It's very different from Halo's 1,2, and 3. It's faster paced and there seems to be more on the tactical side if you play with a good group of people you can really get down to planning out attacks and determining which skill sets are best for what you are trying to accomplish

Rawr, Rawr, if halo 1 is so special the whip out the old xbox and get to playing that. this isn't about the last ones this about the new one.

if the older halo's were so awesome then why doesn't anyone play them regularly? good games yes. heres a new one, try it out.
That's because the original Xbox Halo only supported system link. Trust me if Halo 1 is ever re-released with xbox live support for multiplayer then most people would go back to Halo 1.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
I dont know if you guys know what socom is..but that was the best multiplayer in my opinion. Back in the PS2 days. I remember my dad talking to my mexican clan leader about 'cussing' and stuff....try to keep it clean etc.
But we WERE in the top 10 clans back on socom 2. We did work when i was 11.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Thats why they need xbox live support for the original Halo =(
They won't do it because they know nobody would play the new games (at least not anybody that played the original halo). Bunige all but printed those exact words way back when Halo 2 was coming out. Everyone wants it so it would only prevent sales of their new titles.

Maybe one of these douchebag modders can hack it and make it available? It would bring some good out of modding. Seriously, I get spam mail on xbox live from people asking if I want to prestige for $5 in MW2. Spam mail from 12 year olds on xbox live!!! I thought about it though and when I was 12 and my biggest worry in life was whether or not the release date for a game was going to move a day or two I probably..... no...no even then I did not give a fvck about my rank in a fictional world populated by people who, if I impressed, would only call me a newb.

Hmmm, what is the most effective way to start an online petition? I've seen those eSig sites in the past and would love to make one and spread it around the internet for a 21+ xbox live pass. Hell, M$ could promote it by saying it's now safer for kids to play online.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Way back when... there used to be a program you could run on your cumputer, while hooking your xbox into the router, that would simulate a LAN, and would search their network for games, now... im not sure if this is still out there, but i used it often just to play... if you like halo1, then you dont need rankings... but there is no administration to modding etc

yes this prolly breaches TOS, but not many people care about TOS anymore

i think it was called... xbconnect

and behold, its still around http://www.xbconnect.com/

note, I have not used this program in over 4 years, so im not up to date on recent releases or whether the program still has support, thats up to you

thank me later

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
They won't do it because they know nobody would play the new games (at least not anybody that played the original halo). Bunige all but printed those exact words way back when Halo 2 was coming out. Everyone wants it so it would only prevent sales of their new titles.

Maybe one of these douchebag modders can hack it and make it available? It would bring some good out of modding. Seriously, I get spam mail on xbox live from people asking if I want to prestige for $5 in MW2. Spam mail from 12 year olds on xbox live!!! I thought about it though and when I was 12 and my biggest worry in life was whether or not the release date for a game was going to move a day or two I probably..... no...no even then I did not give a fvck about my rank in a fictional world populated by people who, if I impressed, would only call me a newb.

Hmmm, what is the most effective way to start an online petition? I've seen those eSig sites in the past and would love to make one and spread it around the internet for a 21+ xbox live pass. Hell, M$ could promote it by saying it's now safer for kids to play online.
They cut off support for Xbox Live because they wanted to add features to Xbox 360 Live and could not because support Live service for original Xbox was holding them back.

I would believe it. Supporting Server 2003 in our work environment cuts off some of the features of Server 2008. Specifically to do with the way 2008 handles user accounts.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
Way back when... there used to be a program you could run on your cumputer, while hooking your xbox into the router, that would simulate a LAN, and would search their network for games, now... im not sure if this is still out there, but i used it often just to play... if you like halo1, then you dont need rankings... but there is no administration to modding etc

yes this prolly breaches TOS, but not many people care about TOS anymore

i think it was called... xbconnect

and behold, its still around http://www.xbconnect.com/

note, I have not used this program in over 4 years, so im not up to date on recent releases or whether the program still has support, thats up to you

thank me later
You know you guys can always just buy Halo 1 and 2 for the PC. They both were released on the PC.

·
Registered
73 Posts
You know you guys can always just buy Halo 1 and 2 for the PC. They both were released on the PC.
I like how you think. I have both, I just don't enjoy halo as much as I used to because the multiplayer is bull**** and the campaign is a disappointment.

But, I will still buy and play Reach because I'm a long time fan, and can't turn away.

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts
Halo 2 multiplayer was my favorite to be honest. It was hard to get 4 xboxs, 4 tv's etc... all hooked up for lan parties in halo 1 so I never really did it. Halo 2 though, like I said, was on the old xbox live and the people you met were actually trying to just play the game and socialize with eachother. Now Live makes youtube comments look tame.

41 - 60 of 98 Posts