NewCelica.org Forum banner

61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
yup we used to xbox connect all the time. before it used to be firday nights halo it up lan line with 4 systems 4 tv's. get up hike, cliff dive saturday then do it again saturday night.

and then when xbox connect came on and halo 2 hit live it just kinda started to die. and we were too cheap to pay for live so he keep it local in someones basement.

the golden years..... now i have bills :marky:

·
You know nothing.
2,142 Posts
yup we used to xbox connect all the time. before it used to be firday nights halo it up lan line with 4 systems 4 tv's. get up hike, cliff dive saturday then do it again saturday night.

and then when xbox connect came on and halo 2 hit live it just kinda started to die. and we were too cheap to pay for live so he keep it local in someones basement.

the golden years..... now i have bills :marky:
I miss the huge 8v8 BG CTF games my friends and I used to put together. There were definitely a lot of memorable moments playing Halo back when I was in 9th and 10th grade.

The area I lived in was so big in Halo, we actually held tournaments between other rival high schools. It got so big (and I was at the center of all of the hype, being one of the best local players), my friend and I scouted for two of the best players in our area we could find and entered into a National Qualifying tournament. 4v4 KOTH on Derelict with normal guns were the parameters for the tournament. We placed 2nd place at the qualifying round, and proceeded to go onto the Nationals tournament and placed 5th out of over 200+ teams. I quit Halo shortly after that.

Halo was so big in my high school, and since I was at the top of it all, I will forever go down in history as the best Halo player out of our school. There was even a picture taken of me playing Halo and put into the year book with a caption "You were killed by black star". I'm famous, forever.

Alright, enough reminiscing.

I've played and beaten every subsequent Halo game which has been released. They all blow donkey lips.

It's safe for me to assume Reach won't be any better than the last.

It's funny what you said about XBC though. I was in the same boat. My friends and I played on XBC for a very long time. When Live started becoming popular, we were also too cheap at the time to pay for it so Halo ended up dying in our area.

roaf85 said:
You know you guys can always just buy Halo 1 and 2 for the PC. They both were released on the PC.
It's just not the same.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I actually still have a pleasurable experience with the other Halo titles. I enjoyed Halo 2 and 3 campaign modes. I thought 3's multiplayer was better. On the weekends the special game variants were a fun change. And after Beta testing Reach I gotta say it was actually better than 2 and 3. At first I was very against the special skills but it made team based matches more fun. The only issue I see slayer wise so far is how uneven Terrans are vs Elites. The Elites dodge ability coupled with the Terran DMR is just hard to beat. The running ability is nice in CTF but vs the ability to quickly duck out of the way once a missed head shot happens is far superior. Also grenades were a bit over powered compared to Halos 1,2 & 3. I'm still excited for the campaign mode because I enjoy the Halo Storyline.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
I had a Halo Original Xbox. Hell I even exchanged an unopen black Xbox for the green Halo one when I worked at Gamestop. I did not even like the Halo games. Something about the covenant not being a threat (seemed retarded type aliens), a rip off of aliens vs predators with the flood, and Halo 1 being unbalanced. But hell the game was fun as hell. Every other game sucked donkey balls. 2 was fun and still looks good today, but more of the same and the story line was equally ****.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
I had a Halo Original Xbox.
The mountain dew one?
I always wanted that one...
When i heard of a LE halo 3 360 coming out, i just had to get it. Funny thing is, i just bought a jtagged halo 3 LE console for 140$.

So it looks like one of the distrubitors that i have access to is geting the 'halo reach bundle' on 8/26. So...it looks like im going to be getting it early :D. Funny thing is, they dont get the game untill 9/15.
<3 my part time job

·
Banned
1,470 Posts
The mountain dew one?
When i heard of a LE halo 3 360 coming out, i just had to get it. Funny thing is, i just bought a jtagged halo 3 LE console for 140$.

So it looks like one of the distrubitors that i have access to is geting the 'halo reach bundle' on 8/26. So...it looks like im going to be getting it early :D. Funny thing is, they dont get the game untill 9/15.
<3 my part time job
Yea I sold it for like 50 bucks with 2 controllers and games. There is so many special edition Xboxes that it is worthless.

·
Registered
73 Posts
The mountain dew one?

<3 my part time job
the last time that a halo game was played on live early.. their xbox's were banned until the date of Halo 1 (in the story), and their gamertags as well, so be thoughtful in that decision

edit: correction, this has since changed, and is no longer their stance

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
the last time that a halo game was played on live early.. their xbox's were banned until the date of Halo 1 (in the story), and their gamertags as well, so be thoughtful in that decision

edit: correction, this has since changed, and is no longer their stance
Well i plan to beat the campaign early, and then play live.

If i beat campaign before the game releases, ill put it in my jtagged 360. Worst worst, i get banned...but you cant keep a jtaged 360 banned :D

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
1. Real men don't have time for video games.

2. Halo is no different than any other 1rst person shooter, hell the graphics aren't all that great.

3. My kids play that $hit. (See #1 above)

Flame on, I don't care. ;) (just my useless 2 cents.)

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
1. Real men work out
2. It doesnt matter what kinda game it is...we choose to play it for entertainment
3. kewl...?

·
Boobze
3,237 Posts

2. Halo is no different than any other 1rst person shooter, hell the graphics aren't all that great.

1. Real men make time for whatever they want, whenever they want, however they want.

2. Which is why instead of buying 10 that no one actually plays, I buy the one that everyone plays.

3. As do over a million 18-35 year olds, the games target demographic.

·
Banned
1,470 Posts

1. I have plenty of time for video games. I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I do not have to keep up with homeowner ship and children.

Video games are better investments than both of those right now.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Just a quick question. Who else here likes to sometimes troll people in Halo. After a few beers I like to get (non counted) team kills or drive a full warthog off a cliff. Jumping out before hand of course.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Just a quick question. Who else here likes to sometimes troll people in Halo. After a few beers I like to get (non counted) team kills or drive a full warthog off a cliff. Jumping out before hand of course.
I do that with COD when I get bored. Not exactly the same, but when I come across a kid who screams "fvcking bull****" or something along the lines of that every death, I egg them on. They get more pissed, start doing worse, and I laugh. I find it fun as hell to do if you get the right person who gets heated enough.

·
Registered
826 Posts
I do that with COD when I get bored. Not exactly the same, but when I come across a kid who screams "fvcking bull****" or something along the lines of that every death, I egg them on. They get more pissed, start doing worse, and I laugh. I find it fun as hell to do if you get the right person who gets heated enough.
Lol yeah I love the Mr. Serious gamers. I mean I'll play legit and get down to tactics but I love it when people don't know how to just accept a bad day as a bad day.

·
Can't touch this.
3,629 Posts
Lol yeah I love the Mr. Serious gamers. I mean I'll play legit and get down to tactics but I love it when people don't know how to just accept a bad day as a bad day.
I feel as when I fvck with people on COD, I play better. I'm more relaxed, don't care as much and just run around rambo style. Some days where I try to play legit, I get frustrated and it just makes the game worse lol

61 - 80 of 98 Posts