NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody got a clue what would make this happen? I went to the gas station, filled up, and when I went to leave, my car would not stay lit. If I revved it, it was fine, but as soon as I let off it would sputter down to no rpm's and die. I tried it again, with the same result. Then i tried it a third time, and just rode the gas and left. Hasn't happened since. WTF. I've been toying with the notion of removing the old throttle body and intake manifold and cleaning them. Good idea/bad idea? Any help would be great.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I had a CEL on while this happened, so I went to Autozone to use their OBD II.
It said P0171 and P0441.
According to their book, those codes could be a bad maf, wrong fuel pressure, or a bad oxygen sensor. I just replaced the MAF Fri. I don't think that my fuel pressue is bad, so is it the O2 sensor? The car seems to be running just fine. Any ideas???

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happened again today!!!!! Anybody got any clue? I ordered intake manifold and TB gasket today, won't be in till tues. I'm also gonna put my stock air box back on. Dang intake still throwing CEL:bang:

·
Registered
155 Posts
i had the same problem. the car wont idle for the first 5 minits after filling up then runs fine. this happens every time i filled up. but my problem went away and runs fine now.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Jonny Boom said:
i had the same problem. the car wont idle for the first 5 minits after filling up then runs fine. this happens every time i filled up. but my problem went away and runs fine now.
Jonny,
what year is you car, and how long did your car do this crap? I wonder if it is fuel pump/filter related? :confused:

·
Registered
639 Posts
I had this exact same problem after I installed my intake. I'm assuming you have an aftermarket intake, and if so, I think you got one of the wires mixed up. I had a CEL and that problem, but i switched the wires and it went away. With my AEM intake there was one wire that wasn't plugged into anything, and that should be the one with a blue head I think. Try switchin the wires around first and it should go away.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Funny you should mentionthose wires. I was so pissed with the cel and jacked up starting, I put my stocko intake back on. While wrapping that up, I went to re-attach the little wire harness clip to the airbox. It wouldn't fit cuz the plugs for the vacuum valves were reversed. WTF!!!! I think that was the whole problem. Anyway, I just got an Ebay CAI for $15. I'm gonna have a local welding shop cut it and weld me some fins in there. Sort of a cheap frankenstein TPR intake till I get a real one.

·
Registered
639 Posts
well if you decide to put your old intake back on, you should have no problem if you plug in the right wire.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah, so far it has been fine. I am going to install my ebay cai this week and see if I get another CEL. The fueling problem is fine. I had the vacuum valve and the carbon canister valve switched. That is why it was freakin. All the anti smog stuff is a drag.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts