NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night, I decide to cruise around my little freakin town for a bit with my friend Nick. He has a 2001 Eclipse GT and I have my 2002 Celica GT. We decide to park in the middle of town and just hang out for a bit. I have my friend Sarah in my car and Nick decides to go pick up another one of our friends from her house just outside of town. I wasn't even sitting there 2 minutes and two cops drive by. The first one was a local cop and he didn't do anything because he knows my car and sees me cruising around all the time. About a minute later a state trooper goes driving by. As soon as he passed my car, he slammed on his brakes and spun the car around. He came flying up next to me and shined his light right into my window. He's seriously 5 feet away from my car, drivers door facing drivers door if you know what I mean, shining this huge spotlight into my face. To make a long story short, he starts feeding me all this bs and asks me all these stupid questions about why we're just sitting there. He actually told me to get out of the car and come sit with him in his car. He said that we looked suspicious. I'll get a picture of the place where I had my car parked just so you can see how "suspicious" I really was. I was in the middle of town about ten feet from the road in an open little parking area. Street lights shining all around and I had my headlights on. Oh yeah, that's totally suspicious. He tells me to get back in my car and drive to the gas station to hang out, and tells me to text my friend Nick and tell him to also drive to the gas station. I wasn't going to cause any trouble with the guy so I did what he said and went to the gas station. The cop rides my butt the whole way there and then flys through the gas station after I park my car. Eventually, my friend arrives and we just take off and cruise for a bit longer before we decide to call it a night. I can't believe he didn't have anything better to do than harrass me about looking suspicious when I clearly wasn't looking suspicious at all. Are they really allowed to harrass people for doing nothing wrong?

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
We have the same issue here. if the kids or adults who are just sitting in parking lots on the cruising strip to mingle and hang out with friends then they can come up to them and harrase them and tell them to leave because there on, how can i put this, public property but causing a nuesense lol.

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Well when your loitering they can come and telll you to leave right away. I usually dont get harassed for it.. but your not supposed to just sit around in your car. Although.. he was a state trooper and he doesnt have the authority to do anything to you in a town. State troopers usually only have jurisdiction on the highways.. although they can be called in for certain ordeals. The fact that the local cop didnt do anything but then he was almost right behind him and started **** it kinda of ridiclous.

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I forgot to put this in my first message. While I was driving to the gas station, there was an Alero with his parking lights on tucked back off the road in a very dark lot. The cop didn't even care about him. I understand the whole loitering thing but why would he tell me to go hang out at the gas station when that would also be considered loitering?

·
Registered
319 Posts
I forgot to put this in my first message. While I was driving to the gas station, there was an Alero with his parking lights on tucked back off the road in a very dark lot. The cop didn't even care about him. I understand the whole loitering thing but why would he tell me to go hang out at the gas station when that would also be considered loitering?
On top of that the gas station probably doesn't want you loitering there. I'm sure they'd love to know the cop is making people go hang out in their parking lot.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Dude don't listen to any of these dick bag cop lovers! I would go file a complaint with his internal affairs department. Fuk those punk ass cops, they are always looking for STUPID $hit to harass people for. It's funny cause they always got plenty of time to harass all the LAW ABIDING citizens hence the reason all the criminals never get caught cause cops these days are too fuking stupid to know how to do any REAL police work. Only thing they are good at is handing out traffic tickets! Personally to me it sounded like the cop was some kinda rape-o all trying to get you in his car and $hit.. Sounds like some kinda queer to me!

Also where there any NO LOITERING signs posted at the gas station? If not then even more the reason you had to be chilling there.

·
Registered
356 Posts
its okay one night i was driving home from the local strip with two friends in my car
we were at a paint party at one of the clubs so we were covered in paint.
i had my car like 2-3 under the speed limit on cruise control when i get pulled over he starts being a douche asking why i look like that and asked for ALL our id's and didnt give me a reason as to why i got pulled over. asked where i was going and i told him home it was like 3:30 in the morning. so he was like well get going then. i was soo heated.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It could also be that they were keeping an eye on that place because things might happen there that you don't know about.. or maybe you're car was similar to something they have to keep an eye out for (stolen car, wanted person, etc) ... there is always something on the other side, and if you file a report on him, he will explain to his supervisor just what was going on that night, and it will get thrown out. It doesn't sound like harrasment to me either, because it could be that the town cop was on his way to another call, but the trooper saw that someone was driving by and thought you looked suspecious (about to go race somewhere, drug deal, etc) and wanted someone to check on it. The light on you is to make sure he knows that his safety comes first - if he just rides up on you at night time, street lights or not, he never knows who may be sitting around the corner.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Meh, maybe you looked suspicious. Doesn't sound like harassment to me. Just be glad you didn't get a ticket or fine of any sort.

Dude don't listen to any of these dick bag cop lovers! I would go file a complaint with his internal affairs department. Fuk those punk ass cops, they are always looking for STUPID $hit to harass people for. It's funny cause they always got plenty of time to harass all the LAW ABIDING citizens hence the reason all the criminals never get caught cause cops these days are too fuking stupid to know how to do any REAL police work. Only thing they are good at is handing out traffic tickets! Personally to me it sounded like the cop was some kinda rape-o all trying to get you in his car and $hit.. Sounds like some kinda queer to me!

Also where there any NO LOITERING signs posted at the gas station? If not then even more the reason you had to be chilling there.
Uhuh. These are people who always piss and moan about the cops for having a heavy hand. Yet when something bad happens to them like their car getting stolen/broken into, they're all "How come a cop wasn't around to do something about it?" or "How come the cop wasn't checking out those supicious people near my car?". Everyone hates the cops until they need one to help them.

It's funny, how if they do too much then they're pigs abusing their power harassing the innocent. If they do too little then they're lazy or incompetent. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

·
Registered
265 Posts
The only thing he really did wrong was tail gate you. That's about it. Otherwise it is your word againist his. You know the situation better than we do. If you believe that you were the victim of harrassment you should report the issue immediatly.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Meh, maybe you looked suspicious. Doesn't sound like harassment to me. Just be glad you didn't get a ticket or fine of any sort.

Uhuh. These are people who always piss and moan about the cops for having a heavy hand. Yet when something bad happens to them like their car getting stolen/broken into, they're all "How come a cop wasn't around to do something about it?" or "How come the cop wasn't checking out those supicious people near my car?". Everyone hates the cops until they need one to help them.

It's funny, how if they do too much then they're pigs abusing their power harassing the innocent. If they do too little then they're lazy or incompetent. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.
BWAHAHA dude are you fukin kidding me? I don't EVER call the cops for anything! I try to avoid their worthless asses at ALL COSTS! If my car got stolen the diksuckin ass cops are the LAST people I would bother calling. WTF are they gonna make a lousy report and call me when they find it stripped down on the side of the road somewhere? Hell yeah man sweet detective work :rolleyes:

There are probably only 4% good cops these days and 96% dumb fuk douche bag cops. Your average "COP" is nothing but a worthless ticket writing piece of $hit. They don't do any REAL detective work. They write tickets, get calls to go to domestic disputes and other worthless $hit. Not like they are actually out there cleaning up the streets getting rid of all the fukin murders rapists and child molesters!

It's like I always said...

LAWS = Legally Approved Ways to Steal!

They got all these gay ass worthless LAWS just to have a reason to write you a ticket for something so that they can make money off you. If more people would actually not be so ignorant of the system and just take their tickets to court rather than just cop-out and pay it, they would soon realize that the system is NOT that hard to beat. People need to realize they need to man up and FIGHT their tickets, take that $hit to the box and MAKE them fukin courts do their job. Most would soon realize that the court doesn't like being bothered with those kinda people and are more willing to reduce the charges if not dismiss them altogether.

·
Registered
121 Posts
BWAHAHA dude are you fukin kidding me? I don't EVER call the cops for anything! I try to avoid their worthless asses at ALL COSTS! If my car got stolen the diksuckin ass cops are the LAST people I would bother calling. WTF are they gonna make a lousy report and call me when they find it stripped down on the side of the road somewhere? Hell yeah man sweet detective work :rolleyes:

There are probably only 4% good cops these days and 96% dumb fuk douche bag cops. Your average "COP" is nothing but a worthless ticket writing piece of $hit. They don't do any REAL detective work. They write tickets, get calls to go to domestic disputes and other worthless $hit. Not like they are actually out there cleaning up the streets getting rid of all the fukin murders rapists and child molesters!

They got all these gay ass worthless LAWS just to have a reason to write you a ticket for something so that they can make money off you. If more people would actually not be so ignorant of the system and just take their tickets to court rather than just cop-out and pay it, they would soon realize that the system is NOT that hard to beat. People need to realize they need to man up and FIGHT their tickets, take that $hit to the box and MAKE them fukin courts do their job. Most would soon realize that the court doesn't like being bothered with those kinda people and are more willing to reduce the charges if not dismiss them altogether.

ok seriously.. you have got to be ****ing kidding me dude... how many cops keep the drug dealers off the street, and the prowlers, and sex offenders to keep you and your family and future safe? how can you bash them and look like a total idiot doing so?? LAWS are in place to keep you SAFE.. if you cant follow them then by all means, break them, that just keeps me in a job; job security ftw. There is a difference between cops and detectives, do your research. each and every law enforcement officer has a job, a title, and a responsibility, .. if you want to be ignorant to that fact, then do it on your own time.. im trying to save you from yourself - and help to keep you from looking like a ****tard, even though you've already succeeded doing that.

·
Registered
490 Posts

So first you say the cops in America are only after your money, and then you say the system is incredibly easy to beat. One would think if they were as corrupt as you say and only after your money, they'd probably do a better job of taking it from you in court? This argument makes no sense.

And you have no idea about power abuse of police officials until you've lived in another country. Go live in Russia, China, Japan or Mexico and then try to pull this "I hate cops" teenage angst and see how quickly you get a night stick beat down and enema. You'll be crying to come back to America where you can argue with cops without getting your skull cracked or your nose broken.

America has some of the most if not the most liberal police officers in the world. We are one of the few countries where citizens can actually contest tickets, arrests, and have a fair trail in court. American cops are strickly regulated and are constantly under scrutiny and critisizm. The only people who have this "I hate cops" attitude are just ignorant punk kids who have never been oppressed before in their life and have nothing better to do than to make trouble to the very people who keep them safe. They walk all over mommy and daddy and are shocked when they realize other adults, especially unfiormed ones, do not have to put up with their crap the way their parents do.

I'm sorry if your little miopic world view makes you think that somehow you are victimized by the American police department. Maybe you'll grow up one day and see the world is much bigger than your narrow perspective. Travel. See some things. Maybe then you'll see how lucky you are to live in America.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
i live in a small town as well, and the head police officer harassed me constantly. pulled me over 3 days in a row because i didnt have my currect registragion. took me to jail after doing an illegal search of my vehicle and finding a knife that had a blade that was 3.75 inches long (legal limit in texas is 4 inches, he took the knife and said he 'lost' the evidence). he also used to pull me over, saying my license plate lights were out. when i get to the local gas station, what do ya know, they're working just fine. so i did what i always do, i called the lawyer and filed harassment charges. he pulled me over one more time, saying i looked suspicious in the parking lot... nevermind it was the parking lot of the shop i work at. so i got him off duty, got up really close to him, and said one thing. "you arent going to be a cop forever". he looked at me like i was joking. he hasnt pulled me over since then though

1 - 20 of 75 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.