NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this new type of wax that i jsut found out.. Has anyone heard of a brand called Crystal Guard? If you have what do you think about it?

·
Registered
6,522 Posts
Here's a thread about it on another board. The thread starter is an investor in the company, so take his word as you may.
http://www.bmwm5.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?threadid=18551&perpage=31&pagenumber=1

From other boards I've found that initial response has been favorable. Along the lines of Zaino, Klasse and Blackfire. Initial cost is high ($50-100 depending on package), but they claim you don't have to use it that often and that it will cover 2-3 cars. (take that as you may) The only reports I've found have been in the last 2 weeks, so time will tell on its durability.

If you can afford the time and $$, we'd appreciate your review of the product.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Just reading about the product on the web site the stuff seems pretty serious. Someone needs to come through in the clutch and give us a review. $50-100 is quit a bit though.....This stuff better be the sheit for me to spend that much on so little!

·
Registered
154 Posts
I hate to bust on a product I've never tried, so I'll defer my comments to PPG:

"Do not use silicone containing or super polymer containing waxes or polishes. Today's finishes do not need such extreme protection and if your vehicle were involved in an accident, the removal of such waxes would be time consuming and expensive."

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting, but I'll stick with Zaino. I've been detailing my own cars for 30 years and NOTHING has been as good as Zaino. Forget about Waxes, they yellow and haze and do not last as long. I'm sure crystalguard (and other polymer products) are just as good, but what I like best about Zaino is I have spoken directly with Sal. He's a no nonsense guy and his NAME is on the product. How many other companies let you do that?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts