NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hass kit on the GT is smoking at idle speeds(800rpm) I need to know what to do to remedy this bc it causes a problem not only going through oil real fast. I also believe it will shorten the life of the turbo if I don't cool it down and warm it up properly. The kit otherwise is fast, sounds great and it's alot of fun. I haven't got it tuned or put it on a dyno and I've only been driving it for a week and a half. I don't know how to post pics on here cause I'm a newb or whatever you call it but I'll throw in a link to http://www.turbo-kits.com/celica_customers.html cause my car is the only celi on there so far.
Also I'm banging my head on the back of the headrest and its not fun. Does anyone ever pad there's up? It only happens when the turbo kicks in hard.
Thanks if you can help from that,
Jordy

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Is the turbo smoking or is the exhaust in the back smoking?

if the turbo is smoking: Oil is leaking

if the exhaust is smoking:You prob running rich / Get the car tunned if you didn't

·
Registered
903 Posts
emotart said:
Is the turbo smoking or is the exhaust in the back smoking?

if the turbo is smoking: Oil is leaking

if the exhaust is smoking:You prob running rich / Get the car tunned if you didn't

If the exhaust is smoking blue, oil is getting into the engine and burning either from an oil leak on the complressor side of the turbo elsewhere in the engine.

If the exhaust is smoking whitish you may be blowing oil out the exhaust seal of the turbo straight into the CAT...

If you have a CAT, be carefull as this can kill its effeciency and restrict flow in the cat

If the turbo itself is smoking... well, obviously the turbo is leaking oil there

If you are running an emanage w/ no CELs, you aren't running rich at idle. ANd since you are loosing oil, its pretty clear that there is an oil leak in the system.

Does Hass use a restricter on the oil inlet line? Garrett turbos have a habit of blowing exhaust seals if you don't reduce the oil pressure going into the turbo.

/check for oil in the intercooler pipes near the throttle body. if there isn't any... its coming out the exhaust seal on the turbo.

//sorry man, you may have a blown turbo

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
post some pics of your intake tune arrangement and all your rubber hoses - a lot of people don't relocate the crankcase breather and wind up pressurizing the crankcase and causing massive oil leaks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

This is me trying to add photos of the crankcase etc... YEA still smokin but I got the pictures out to hass and turbokits... By the way not there doing at all.... The mechanic has never put a turbo in a car before. I can't get down on him for that either. Just tryin to be cool hand luke here with all of this and checkin the oil daily.
Thanks brothers,
Jordy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Jordan,
This is Keely over at Hass Turbo...I just wanted to make sure that you received the email in regards to your turbo center section being upside down. The oil lines are going in the wrong direction causing a lot of oil to be pushed through. This is where the leaking oil is stemming from and he also pointed out a couple of other mistakes that the shop made. If you have any other problems just give a hollar!

Take care!

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
KAYEVO8 said:
Hi Jordan,
This is Keely over at Hass Turbo...I just wanted to make sure that you received the email in regards to your turbo center section being upside down. The oil lines are going in the wrong direction causing a lot of oil to be pushed through. This is where the leaking oil is stemming from and he also pointed out a couple of other mistakes that the shop made. If you have any other problems just give a hollar!

Take care!
wow - it sure is - the oil drain has to come out the bottom bro - no wonder your getting oil - the turbo is probably spewing it through the seals like crazy

·
Registered
405 Posts
HASS seems to be a crappy kit all over from what im seeing. This guy isnt the only one having problems. Over at the Lotus forms HASS is under alot of heat about their turbos. And from what im hearing, i wouldnt touch a Hass kit.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Boosted2.0 said:
KAYEVO8 said:
Hi Jordan,

Take care!
wow - it sure is - the oil drain has to come out the bottom bro - no wonder your getting oil - the turbo is probably spewing it through the seals like crazy
Genomaxter said:
HASS seems to be a crappy kit all over from what im seeing.
Note: improper install of the turbo kit. Not related to Hass quality. Please read more carefully before posting.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
Genomaxter said:
HASS seems to be a crappy kit all over from what im seeing. This guy isnt the only one having problems. Over at the Lotus forms HASS is under alot of heat about their turbos. And from what im hearing, i wouldnt touch a Hass kit.
Your loss. IMO, the Hass kit blows the C2 kit out of the water, especially the GT-S.

Why don't you try reading next time. The shop who installed the kit installed it with the CHRA upside down. Nobody, I don't care who you are, can account for incompetant installs.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts