NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got the k1 body kit with the k1 spoiler. The extra weight of the spoiler wont let the hatch stay open, it was slamming down. Some of you on this site referred me to liftsupportsdepot.com and I had ordered a pair from them. They were recently installed and still do not keep the hatch open. So I am told that the Trd performance package uses a heavier spoiler and those lift supports are a higher pressure unit. Does anyone know how I can get these lift supports? any websites or what?

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have the same problem! But I have the TRD Wing... =/ It blows trying to get stuff out of my trunk.... I have a tight car, but it looks ghetto when I'm holdin my hatch.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
the ones from liftsupportsdepot are pretty damn strong. how heavy is your wing from stock? i have the regular oem stock wing though. you can go to the dealer. say you need the lift support for the trunk with the TRD action package spoiler. Part numbers are in the forum somewhere. they're about 150 each last time i heard.

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
Hmm, I wonder what SLVR_STEALTH uses for theirs.

You guys gotta realize that the K1 3-piece spoiler (the middle section) is heavier than the TRD spoiler.

·
Registered
8,580 Posts
My celica is 7 years old now with the original oem TRD action package trunk shocks and never have I had an issue.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.