NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i dunno whats the deal with these friggin honda motors that people give them so much praise, or stnags etc..... I DO agree that Integra engines, and of the such are a beautifully engineered engine. But i know there are people on here who have beaten cars with more power than they have by a good margin, yet might not post for sakes of people flaming them for "you beat a _________? they have like ________hp stock, musta been a bad driver". I personally have been able to take car of sum cars that were legitmately more powerful than mine (numbers wise) , AND all i have a 2000 gt 5 speed, most of my recent wins, came when i was stock. NOW, whether i beat them by a nose, a bumper, a license plate, or a entire 500 feet, I still won, there is no difference. HP doesnt AlWAYS equal speed. older stangs have alotta exhasut, and alotta HP rating.....but stock 1/4 miles numbers n such are just barely slower, or faster than our cars. (gt & gt's). I odont discredit anyone, but i also know what i have been able to do. and whether people belive me, or they dont, i dont get phased, or affected, i could care less. But just as most others, i dont post, to avoid those who just refuse to belive anything that doesnt "seem right". If i sat here and told you that I beat a rsx-s....alotta people would say, a) ur lieing, b) he cant drive c) what kina mods u got) or d) he wasnt racing with you.
I could sit here and list a number of cars ive raced, and won, convincingly..or by a hair, and many of you would think there is no way i could, cuz they have x amount of hp..and at a time i had 140 hp...well i think numbers are numbers, and thats what they are. I DO agree numbers appeal to people, just as it is nice to hear a person on here with XS TURBO post his numbers, which are very satisfying. Cuz its a good feeling to know u have alot of HP unda ya hood, but im sure each and everyone of you..who street races, has beaten atleast one car that your not "supposed" to beat......what do you guys think? what cars have you beaten that you had "no chance" according to the average person.?

·
North East OG member
12,472 Posts
i think it's due to the fact that most people on here are "mag racers" and not "street racers". while i applaud them for doing so, some people have to understand that ANYTHING could happen on the streets.

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
I don't post any of my wins or races anymore. Too many people calling bs on my times or my wins. Anything can happen on the streets though. Street racing vs Track takes two different types of skill. some people are good at one or the other. good drivers are good at both.

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol @ archangel..... it was supposed 2 be a simple question that turned into a long paragraph..i kinda got into it..sorry..:)...lol....but still....

and to little guy..... whats ur most truth-defying win..?

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
...I was next to a Ferrari in Bellevue, and I smoked it at the light and I have a auto GT-S!!! I guess his car was too slow when I floored it cause his car wasn't moving very fast off the line... But when his Italian Exotic POS caught up to my car at the next light, he didn't even bother to look at me cause he lost so bad or something...

Sorry, bad joke.. :) I got done with two finals yesterday so I'm having my fun :)

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
last week i raced a gsr swap civic with i/h/e. i had my back seats and spare tire out. We went from a 10mph roll and I ended up about three lengths ahead at the end. The guy was taping it from his car. My car looked good in the video :)

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Boxter S. And a Z28 with my WRX The Boxter was with my Celica. I have witnesses one person in my car with the Boxter and 3 other people in my car with the z28

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
f22.. and little guy......the day coming back from hot import nights... i raced a mercedes benz....v-8.......not sure which model..but clearly 97-99...4 door... i took him easy....easy..n i mean easy........on 5th..after 110......... he eventually passed me..we hit sum heavy traffic n he was desprate and he started doing sum **** even i wouldnt do...so i let him go..but he slowed down n congratulated me then sped off again. in the mix of it was a 98 vtech si..that my friend followed me in..and a crx..which both werent even in the picture after 90 mph.......ive beat a few tegras...a few stangs.. afew 3.c cl type s's...(but the 2 door version took ME by about 1 1/2 cars. which i accredit from the step down from 4 to 2 door. i was smoked by a 96 formula 1 firebired or firehawk.....left me like a bad habit...killed by an m5... 2 cars from a cobra 98...so i dont act like im un beatable..but ive beat my freind in his type s rsx from a stop in philly to the oxford valley mall in bux county pa. to my surprise we were aalllmmmossst equal..with me ahead by a lil more than a bumper...real nice. but he gave me 100000 excuses..... but either way......i think if we woulda had more road he mighta won..cuz i THINK his top speed is higher than my 140 ish.... whats been yall biggest LOSS???

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Biggest Loss - Not really anything not saying I am unbeatable but I usually don't get to race-there aren't a lot of cars here. And I usually try to stay within my own brackets :) But the closest race I have ever run was a 240sx modded of course and he had about 3 inches on me till I popped in third. Course I had someone in the car with me too. I had an Audi A8 hang with me in the WRX.

·
Registered
493 Posts
we dont care...:)

·
The Original 1zz Fanboy
3,774 Posts
My friend raced me today in his z28. he has i/h/e, heads and cam. He beat me by an unmeasurable amount. It wasn't even funny. Those cars are fast. :)

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Originally posted by NoRulzAt140 Mph
f22.. and little guy......the day coming back from hot import nights... i raced a mercedes benz....v-8.......not sure which model..but clearly 97-99...4 door... i took him easy....easy..n i mean easy........on 5th..after 110......... he eventually passed me..we hit sum heavy traffic n he was desprate and he started doing sum **** even i wouldnt do...so i let him go..but he slowed down n congratulated me then sped off again. in the mix of it was a 98 vtech si..that my friend followed me in..and a crx..which both werent even in the picture after 90 mph.......ive beat a few tegras...a few stangs.. afew 3.c cl type s's...(but the 2 door version took ME by about 1 1/2 cars. which i accredit from the step down from 4 to 2 door. i was smoked by a 96 formula 1 firebired or firehawk.....left me like a bad habit...killed by an m5... 2 cars from a cobra 98...so i dont act like im un beatable..but ive beat my freind in his type s rsx from a stop in philly to the oxford valley mall in bux county pa. to my surprise we were aalllmmmossst equal..with me ahead by a lil more than a bumper...real nice. but he gave me 100000 excuses..... but either way......i think if we woulda had more road he mighta won..cuz i THINK his top speed is higher than my 140 ish.... whats been yall biggest LOSS???

I cannot believe I used to type like this.

:thumbdown

What a difference 1 and a half years makes.

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by IScrewedUp
lol so has the driving gotten better as well now?
I will find out tomorrow probably at the track. See if I can improve on 2.311 60 foot and 15.688 @ 89.9 MPH from october 2002. I have been to the track to run since I ran my GSR that I owned for 3 weeks.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
NoRulzAt140 Mph said:
I cannot believe I used to type like this.

:thumbdown

What a difference 2 and a half years makes.
LMAO! I just now noticed how old this thread was after reading your last post. I was fixing to to post and ask if your screename had been hacked or something because that did not seem like your writing style to me. I have to admit your grammar has improved greatly within the last 2 years. I give you props. In all honestly I could not even read your first post in this thread LMAO. Mad props for improving your skills.

Justin

·
Registered
12,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by DopeCelicaGT
LMAO! I just now noticed how old this thread was after reading your last post. I was fixing to to post and ask if your screename had been hacked or something because that did not seem like your writing style to me. I have to admit your grammar has improved greatly within the last 2 years. I give you props. In all honestly I could not even read your first post in this thread LMAO. Mad props for improving your skills.

Justin

Well, I was 17 when I got my GT and I will be 20 in 5 days. Ricer mentality has faded permanently.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts