NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The headlamps on my 2000 Celica are dirty(foggy) on the inside, the seals may be broken. Can the lenses be taken off, cleaned and resealed or should
I replace the headlamps?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
hey rob what do you do if your headlights yellow up on the outsides every 2 or 3 months. I keep wetsanding and polishing and they look really good for a while, but then they just look like crap again one day. Any ideas short of replacing both headlights?

·
Registered
157 Posts
The reason they do that is it is jsut the plastic.. the plastic starts to fade.. don't know if it is acid in the plastic or just the sun.. I have seen them so bad that they look frosted

·
Registered
26 Posts
i stuck my head lights in the oven at about 350 degree's and pulled them apart. then i took the lense and wet sanded the hell out of it starting with 600 grit then went to 700 grit, 800 grit, 1000 grit, 1500 grit, then finaly 2000 grit spending about 10 min per grit then when your done with that u go out and get some meguiers PlasteX Polish and buf the hell out of the lense then after ur done buffing it u stick it back in the oven and let it cook for a while and then put it back together then u should have some hella clean head light just remember to keep using the polish everytime u wash the car

1 - 8 of 8 Posts