NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I got a leak from the sunroof and read in a couple older threads about removing the head liner to look for tubes or drainages pipes.

How do you remove the head liner without screwing it up so bad that it won't go back together?

:gap:

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
the headliner is held in by push pins three in the back i believe

grab two flatheads, put one on each side and pull down...its kinda a special push pin and you'll see how it differs from others once you get it out

then lift up hatch and proceed to slide out

just be careful not to bend the liner and pull out slowly

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
Getting the headliner out is kind of a pain..

but you will have to remove the 3 rear clips on it in addition to the trim around the sunroof (if you have one). Also remove the sun visors, overhead light, etc. You will have to remove the upper rear interior panels (the ones that surround the rear triangle shaped glass). Unfortunately the only way to get these out is to remove all the rear ones first, and then the larger panel below it. Only then can you access the seatbelt bolts so that you can pop these off. There are two clips underneath these interior panels so you have to take it all off before the headliner comes loose.

When installing the headliner back, go through the hatch. Oh, and having the seats lying all the way back helps give you a bit more room to work.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts