NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2002 celica GT-S and i am looking to get some more horse power out of my car WITHOUT turbo. I was thinking about changing the head unit on the engine but wasn't sure what kind and what is legal to change in CA since this state has so many stupid laws against modifications.
I already have some modifications done to the engine which include: dc sport headers, injen cold intake, magna flow exhaust. If you have any other suggestions as far as how i can get some more horse power and torque out of my car that would be great too. thank you

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
I cleaned this thread up...

OP, you cant change the head on a 2ZZ, there is nothing else out there thats better. you already have an illegal mod being the DC header.

read the forums more and then ask what will give you more power. but as of now with your mods. there isnt much.

·
o-NO_oB-x
2,920 Posts
Lose the DC header. The loss u lose in low and mid is not worth what u gain up top.

Go with a ported stock header from Boosted2.0 . I forgot who else does the ported header.

Upgrade the clutch and flywheel. You wont gain crank HP,but you'll gain wHP

PFC + Tune

Weight reduction

Driver mod

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
California sucks. CAI and muffler are the only CARB legal mods you will find.

You can get a power FC and get it tuned, but you will have to swap the stock ECU back come emissions inspection.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi everyone,

.......but wasn't sure what kind and what is legal to change in CA since this state has so many stupid laws against modifications......
Just a friendly suggestion, but if you aren't willing to do your own homework learning about what is and isn't legal emissions-wise in Calif. (and for that matter, what illegal things you're likely to be able to slide by with), and you want to try to figure out which other people actually have qualified opinions on these matters, then - bottom line - you're the one who has to face the music when it comes time to get inspected.
Just saying.......:wiggle:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts