NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering installing a header(most likely Trial). I have been told the cradle needed to be dropped and some people said doesn't need to be droped. Would someone who has done a GTS install advise me your experience. I know it is a time consuming job. Thanks

·
Registered
292 Posts
I had mine done 2 months ago and the easiest way is to take out the down pipe and not remove the cradle.
I can tell you this though... Even people mechanically inclined have difficulty with the install. it's mainly the fact that it's tough reaching into the tight spaces.

·
Registered
151 Posts
JaySong said:
I had mine done 2 months ago and the easiest way is to take out the down pipe and not remove the cradle.
I can tell you this though... Even people mechanically inclined have difficulty with the install. it's mainly the fact that it's tough reaching into the tight spaces.
tats 1 reason y im happy wit my honda Bseries engine!

·
Registered
514 Posts
is it easy to install a header in hondas?

·
Registered
151 Posts
Dimitri said:
is it easy to install a header in hondas?
It depends what kind of honda you are talking about! The RSX engine has a very similiar design to yours too me there almost identical! The B, H, and D series are very easy to install because it has lots of space to work with!

Here is a picture of a b18c aka the GSR powerplant! On the bottom you can see the headers!

·
Registered
514 Posts
yeah it looks easy

·
Registered
372 Posts
I did an install on how to remove/install TRD header (should be same for Trial) without removing a front strut bar and without dropping cradle... don't know how to link it but under the search just type in "TRD Header Install" and my thread will pop up with a thumbs up next to it....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts