NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

usually how long does it take to install the header ?spring? and CAI?

Cuz I just bought a DC header, TEIN springs, and injen shortram CAI. I went to the dealer and they told me 3 hours for the header, 3 hours for the spring and 1 hour for the intake. so it takes 7 hours to instll those stuff....??
So are they telling me the truth or it would take less time to install those??

help me out guys:D

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you getting hosed for at least 2 of the 3 listed...install your cai yourself! its not hard at all! springs SHOULD take less than an or equal to about an hour..i got my tein s.techs installed in an hour. as for the header that sounds about right..im glad you asked about this bc if you posted this after the fact..i would have ripped you a new one

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
now do you have the injen shortram or the CAI? the CAI requires you to take the front bumper and driverside wheel off which will take all in all 30-45 mins..if you got a shortram 20mins..thats with removing the oem and installing

·
Registered
308 Posts
heh heh heh.. paying for installation. classic.

oh wait.. my friend's shop will do it for free :)

those install times are BS. springs are pretty easy to get off quickly and right once you have a lift or something to lift your car up. 1 hour maybe. headers.. i can see how that proves difficult.. don't know about them. CAI.. do it yourself. it may take longer for you to do it yourself.. or it may not.. i wouldn't pay for something i could do myself

·
Registered
275 Posts
headers would take about an hour or two. did it at the same time that I ripped out my transmission. it was a bitch to get to because there's hardly any space to work with. springs, an hour tops, but I rather do springs at an autoshop because you could use a better spring compression machine. and the intake is really easy too. it shouldn't take more than half a day to get everything done.

save money by doing it yourself!

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Of all things, why would you go to the DEALER to have your stuff installed? I wouldn't be surprised if they quoted you $600+ for that!

I'm not gonna lie, springs took me and my buddy about 3 hours to do. CAI will take an hour tops; if you have AEM it will be less since you don't have to take off the front bumper.

·
Registered
275 Posts
yeap, yeap, dealerships are a rip off. they tell you that it's nice and cheap to install parts, but neglect to mention the labor fee which is a butt load. never go to a dealership especially for things like bolt-on parts. plus, there's not better way to learn about your car than to do it yourself.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts