NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I put a new header on and used a ****ty felpro gasket ( I shoulda known better) because I hate dealing with this dealership here. any ways it leaked. I took it off and installed the used stock one and wrenched it back down good...Still getting faint leaking. this weekend I am changing the doughnut gasket with one I ordered from autozone in the lower 48 and the actual manifold gasket with a stock one ordered online from toyota. I plan to put some sealant on there but napa is about my only choice to buy it. I don't want to drive any further with an exhaust leak when the temp is only about 0 deg or colder outside. Also the other catch is that I am going to have to give it a maxt cure time of one hour....I will be paying for shop time where I am working on it on base so I can't sit around all day waiting for it to cure. What exact sealent do you guys reccomend to minimize the chance of a leak? I am thinking something copper but not sure of brands and such...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Im not sure about anything else but i used genuine nissan gasket maker on my turbo/uppipe flanges and it doesnt leak one bit and it doesnt burn or melt. if it stands the turbo, then it should stand the header temps.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
im not completely sure, but i think you lose power with that header. just stick with a stock one thats ported by boosted2.0, or a ppe header. i used a felpro gasket on mine, didnt leak at all. just taking a guess, but its probably leaking at the dounut gasket, and its more than likely a design with the header than a gasket problem

1 - 4 of 4 Posts