NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need help in finding a place where i can purchase the front headlamp assembly. my front right headlamp is starting to get moisture in it and that means i need to get a new one... it can either be OEM or aftermarket... HELP...

·
Just call me GnG
3,750 Posts
Well you dont NEED to replace it. Often times, moisture gets in there becuz the sealant around the housing isn't sealing well enough. You can disassemble the headlights, wipe out the condensation, then put it together using better sealant.

·
Registered
13,310 Posts
Along with checking the case sealing, check to see that the rubber grommets are tight. After sealing, light use of a hairdryer can get rid of the moisture quickly without having to disassemble.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
If you don't want to heat the lights in the oven to reseal you could do this. Take some masking tape and tape around the main seam, keeping about 2mm away from the seam. Do the same thing on the other side. Then take some Goop Automotive and smear it on the seam. Do a "section" at a time. By section I mean from clip to clip going all the way around. After you smear it flat, pull off the tape and you should have a nice smooth seam all the way around. That should solve the condensation problem.

Here's what goop automotive looks like. It's better than silicone because it doesn't attract dust.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts