NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright, so, this is probably a n00b question --

My headlights serve only the purpose of providng a nice glow around my car. I cleaned them, thought that the yellow film that was on it was the problem... and now I have a bright white glow as opposed to a dull yellow glow... but still, they don't extend much further than two feet in front of me. The brights work just fine... are the bulbs for the low beams slowly burning out? They look like they're aimed correctly when I shine them up against a wall.. but they are just very dim. Anyone have any ideas?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
i have no idea what u're asking for help dude...does one side of ur low seem brighter then the other?? or wat's the problem here??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The headlights just aren't bright. The parking lights come on, the high and low beams all come on; just the low beams are not as bright as they should be. Do celica-bulbs slowly dim out over time? Could this be an aiming problem? Any ideas?

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
it don't dim out in time unless ur wire's messed up, which i doubht.. have u tried putting different bulb in?? are you using stock or other bulbs??

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
as for aiming, park in front of a garage door at night and see if one side is higher then the other or are they the same level..it should stay at the same level..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I took this picture tonight -- the left is my celica, the right is my sister's civic. When we turn the high beams on, they look about the same (like the civics are in this picture, one beam per light as opposed to the smiley face of the celica).

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
well our celica uses projector..ur sister car uses reflector..not the same..that look normal to me..we get more view because of the projector..look at the pic..see how wide our field of visual is?? compare that to the other car..it's all focus on one spot rather then wide..it's normal..

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I actually ended up resetting the bulbs (thanks to vegeta for the idea) and they got a lot brighter. Someone had installed them incorrectly. But thanks for trying to help!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts