NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone recommend an aftermarket headlight that gives the Celica a true HID look? Ive tried a few lights off e-bay and they all looked the same as stock. If so do you need to purchase 2 or 4?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I've had PIAA x-treme whites and they look pretty good - like a 4100K hid kit. I would go for the plasma tho if you want more of a 6-7000K hid look. PIAA will cost you though ($85 or so at autodynamic.com is best reliable price), and mine burnt out in about a year. I'm trying out Razo Premium White Zero's also - I've heard they give a nice 4300K color so I'm hoping they'll be nice. Just remember, the more blue u go on halogen bulbs, the more light you sacrifice for nice color.

·
Registered
45 Posts
headlights

A guy on here has a new 2003 with special headlights from toyota that have a new black housing I think. I'm trying to find out what the official name is. I just saw a huge TRD wherehouse near my house too. I might pop in there and find a price for the whole unit. The pics this guy had of his new white gts, the lights looked insanly bright in the night shot, and just to look at them in daylight was great. Let me know if you want the info on those from toyota by my house. PM me.
later
wd...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I cant believe it, the guy was online. I think they are called factory Xenon HID's. I will find out tommorrow how much they cost and comeback and post it. He said on the sticker, the cost option was 515$ but that might include some labor.

·
Registered
446 Posts
Those are true HID's from Toyota. They're nice but they are going to cost you significantly more than an aftermarket set of HID's.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Any "HID look" bulbs you get are gonna reduce your visibility due to the colored coating necessary to change the light's color. If you're looking for brightness and improved visibility, go for Philips VisionPlus. If you're going for an HID look with minimal vision loss, try MTEC. Any other blue bulb will give you the HID look, but you'll be losing visibility in the process, especially in bad weather (couldn't see 5 feet in front of me with Hyper bulbs).

Most aftermarket bulbs also have a shorter lifespan than stock, so take that into account. If you're buying new bulbs every few months, in a year or two you could've paid for true HIDs.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
I got the PIAA Xtreme Whites (H7) last march and really like them.
Yes, visability is somewhat reduced in rainy weather but, that`s what your fog lights are for. I just turn on the fogs somtimes when it rains (depending on conditions) and.....no problems.

Now, most people say the PIAAs will last about a year.
Well, I use them almost every night for at least 1/2 hour and guess what? Last night one Xtreme white blew out....almost one year to the day!
So, I guess you can believe it when they say they have a 1 year life span.

Anyway, I like them so much that last night I ordered another pair.
I found a vendor that has them in stock for $60, plus shipping of course.
http://www.optauto.com/webstore/pro...&variation=&aitem=4&mitem=7&back=yes&dept=348
This is about the cheapest you will find them.

BTW, I think a year of service for a headlight that you really like (in nightly use) is not that bad at all as some make it out to be. :)

·
Registered
446 Posts
SilverRide said:
Anyway, I like them so much that last night I ordered another pair.
I found a vendor that has them in stock for $60, plus shipping of course.
http://www.optauto.com/webstore/pro...&variation=&aitem=4&mitem=7&back=yes&dept=348
This is about the cheapest you will find them.

BTW, I think a year of service for a headlight that you really like (in nightly use) is not that bad at all as some make it out to be. :)
Just a heads up - you should call them to make sure they have them in stock. Optauto is notorious for listing items for cheap prices and then NEVER having any in stock.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Cicero said:

Just a heads up - you should call them to make sure they have them in stock. Optauto is notorious for listing items for cheap prices and then NEVER having any in stock.
I just checked my e-mail and the bulbs have been shipped. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts