NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a few places that sell the mounting kit for single din headunits, so Im just wondering if there is any advise as to any that are better than others.. did anyone order them off the net? also

the one i found @ sounddomain.com says 2000-UP Celica / Echo for the mouting kit, and the wiring kit says for 1987-UP Toyota..

can anyone confirm that these would be correct?

here is the dash kit

also anywhere on the web where there are details about how to take the dask apart for headunit install??

thanks

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
That's the one I bought. There are a couple of brands, personally I like Scosche or Metra. They both do the job. As for the removal of the center console...its easy:

1. pull up where the shifter surround is, just in front of the power window switch,
2. unplug cig lighter
3. take the 2 screws in the bottom of the AC controls off
4. take off the AC knobs (all), and remove the 2 screws behind the temp/air knobs
5. pull up the whole assembly up and out, and unplug the clock.
6. remove 4 bolts holding radio.
7. reverse for reinstallation.

If I missed something please someone remind me...:gap:

·
Registered
486 Posts
there is a new version of the wiring kit that is available for the celica. x-evil-x has it so try pming him

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Itzdavidx said:
there is a new version of the wiring kit that is available for the celica. x-evil-x has it so try pming him
what is "new" about it? I am not looking to change anything else about the stereo at this time but the headunit.. so how would 1 wire harness be better than the next? Is there any considerable difference that you know of?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
XYRCNCP said:
That's the one I bought. There are a couple of brands, personally I like Scosche or Metra. They both do the job. As for the removal of the center console...its easy:

1. pull up where the shifter surround is, just in front of the power window switch,
2. unplug cig lighter
3. take the 2 screws in the bottom of the AC controls off
4. take off the AC knobs (all), and remove the 2 screws behind the temp/air knobs
5. pull up the whole assembly up and out, and unplug the clock.
6. remove 4 bolts holding radio.
7. reverse for reinstallation.

If I missed something please someone remind me...:gap:
thanks for the info.. this should help me out

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
kleinma said:

what is "new" about it? I am not looking to change anything else about the stereo at this time but the headunit.. so how would 1 wire harness be better than the next? Is there any considerable difference that you know of?
what's "new" about it is that it allows you to use an aftermarket HU with the OEM amp, any other harness won't let you do that. So if you are planning on keeping the OEM amp (of course if you have the GTS system) then you NEED that wire harness that x has..

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you guys think there's a big difference between the stock HU from an aftermarket HU?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts