NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my Teins set at higher than recommended previously, and the car already sat pretty low (with 4 people in the car, the car would bottom out over speed bumps.) However, Tein recommends that the spring perches be placed .79 inches from the end of the threads (something like that I think). How low is this to the ground (pics maybe?), and how important is it to set the ride height at this recommended setting in terms of both handling, ride comfort, as well as shock life?
Thanks

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
I would set it at a ride height that you're comfortable with. Since I autocross my car, I set it and forget it. I used to fiddle with ride height, but I ended up finding the right height for most surfaces. I ride 15's and I scrape most speed bumps. But that's the price I have to live with. As for passengers, they have their own cars, so have them drive ;)

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
for some reason tein's recommended setting is the "lowest" setting the teins will go. i tried to lower my front and it wouldnt go any lower than the recommended setting. i had .5 finger gap up front and no finger gap in the back with the recommended setting.

you should raise it up to any setting that you like.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Those are just reccomended starting heights, im pretty sure. I wouldnt go all the way slammed but other than that it shouldnt be a problem. With the reccomended settings my car was about 2 fingers in rear and three up front.

·
Recovering Celica Driver
513 Posts
Depends on what size wheels you are using and how often you autocross. I used to do the raise the car, lower the car, every other weekend and that ended up being a PITA! So now I've found the right height and I'm sticking with it. If you've been to a local autocross, which car is yours? Or have I met you already?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts