NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! i just got an AUTO :ugh: '02 Celica GT and i have about $850 to spend for mods.

I just got an AEM intake and i need help, esp from the SoCal members. Where would be a good place to get my intake installed? I called a few places it was like $140 and i think thats too much. I also want to install it myself but im not sure if I am able to. Is it hard or will my skills that i acquired from auto class in highschool be enough? I am also willing to pay SoCal members here if they help me install it at a reasonable price if they want.

Thinking of getting an exhaust too, TRD or Greddy evo2 or HKS probably. If the difference isnt that great i'll go with the cheaper one since TRD is too pricey for now. Also need help with the install for it.

Anyone willing to help??????????? :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Do it yourself, it'll be a good learning experience. I don't know **** about cars too but I was able to install my short ram at the time and now have a cold air intake. Haven't had a CEL yet either. Just follow the install guides on the forum and that should help you a lot.

The exhaust is pretty much more straight forward. Just unbolt your stock one. Only tough part is them being rusted on pretty tightly as well as slipping the hangers off the rubber holders. After that it should be a breeze to put your new one in.

·
Registered
663 Posts
if you can use a screwdriver and a wrench you can install the air intake... it's pretty simple and there are install guides here... the exhaust I think is even simpler but you need a few more tools like something to get your car off the ground... and possibly air tools if you aren't strong enough to tighten/untighten the bolts yourself. as for the difference in the exhausts if you are purely worried about gains the TRD is quite a lot better then both the HKS and the Greddy... but it does sound almost stock... if you are thinking overall I'd go with HKS it looks good and has better gains then the Greddy even though it is still pretty far off the TRD but it sounds really good and deep but not too loud.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I think the best place around for an intake installation is your driveway. Although some people prefer their garage especially on a rainy day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts