NewCelica.org Forum banner

Hello this is a new member willing to get helped.

394 views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Carbonized_GT 
#1 ·
Hello, I wish to know someone that is really good at customizing Celicas, and that is patient to the newbies. If you think you are please add me: fei_mchd@hotmail.com I love celica but just don't know much about it, really like to conversate and learn something from you. thank you!

#2 ·
If you just post your questions here or what you would like to conversate about, you'll get a bunch of input and information opposed to 1 that emails you...
What kinda stuff do you have in mind?? Ask away...LOL

#7 ·
Sky2king8 said:
Not sure what you are asking, if you are asking if you need to lower your car to put a body kit on, the answer is no, they are two completely different modifications to the car.
true, lowering is completely different than a body kit, but body kit with lowering looks much much better imo. Makes it look like a car, not an off-road machine. kinda OT, but has anyone ever seen a newer style mustang with a body kit and no lowered suspension? looks like a 4X4 imo.

#12 ·
zeon said:
Well, everything of my celica is from stock, the rim is 16" and would it looks bad with a new body kit unless I change it to a bigger rim?
Well preferably you want at least 17" rims with a body kit, or a drop of 1-2" in the suspension either way would make the kit look way better. On my car its dropped a bit, stock rims, and body kit, looks good imo, but could always use some nice gunmetal w/ polished lip rims :drool:

#13 ·
since you said 16 im assuming you have the GTS..and no..the stock 16's are too small for a body kit..17's will fill it up much better...i reccomend getting a drop first..then if you really like the stock rims, which i think look good in some occasions, get a kit..but i would stay away from aggressive kits like velslide because it wont look right..

#14 ·
celica_2 said:
true, lowering is completely different than a body kit, but body kit with lowering looks much much better imo. Makes it look like a car, not an off-road machine. kinda OT, but has anyone ever seen a newer style mustang with a body kit and no lowered suspension? looks like a 4X4 imo.

not entirely true..

Im regretting i lowered my car before my kit..

It all depends on the body kit you are looking at.. for instance, TRD Action Pkg, Tsunami are both kits that would look 10x better lowered

BUT

Buddyclub2, kaminari, and i believe C-One ver2 kits are excessively low when the car has been lowered

With my bc2 front on with Sportline springs and 18" wheels im MAYBE 2" off the ground in front.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.