NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up thought i'd look up celica forums and see how you guys hook these cars up...i have a 02 Celica with factory body kit, auto trans (sucks) car really wasn't my choice but was in my name kinda story, car looks good but is slow but i use it as my daily so i guess it keeps me from getting tickets, i also own a Mitsu 3000GT which takes all my funds hence my sign on name...one question i had was what is the difference between the gt and the gts, is/how hard is it to get car to gts specs..thanks

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Welcome to the boards. The GT and GT-S use completely different motors. You'd have to do a swap to get GT-S's 'lift'. The GT is better off for turbocharging on OEM internals. Use the search button :)

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Welcome to the boards! The celica GT auto is faster than the GT-S auto so be thankful for that. GT-S has the motor VVTl-i engine (Variable Valve Timing with lift intelligance) it boosts out 180 hp, vs. the VVT-i engine (Variable Valve Timing with intelligance) it boosts out 140 hp. So your looking at two different engines, one having 40 more hp than the other... But any other questions like BHam00GT-S said use the search button its helpful!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
you know everyone keeps saying that the gt is best for fi but after reading about it in a thread the other day it seems like the gts is better for fi and the gt isnt...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for reply...sorry i was being lazy and didn't search but most of the times you do a search you get a million threads because only one word matched... about gt to gts. i thought it might have been like different internals or something. i guess i'll just keep it for looks

·
Registered
419 Posts
you might be able to put on a GTS head... but im not sure, either way getting the whole motor would be better and less work, cams, springs, valves, rockers, rocker shaft, oil control valve, tons of other things, IM... etc.

And about the GT being "better" for boost than the GT-S... wrong, its just easier, the GT-S has a better flowing IM and throttle body, and more power to begin with, all you need is a good boost controller and an electronic wastegate and blowoff valve and you can tune it just as well, you just have to tune it basically for two different engines, the engine that operates on boost up to 6k rpm, and the engien profile for after 6k rpm... to say that the GT is better for bost is like telling all the people with Boosted Integra GSRs and Type-Rs that a boosted Integra LS would beat it, when infact that is not true, and neither is saying that a boosted GT would beat a Boosted GT-S... boosting a GT is just easier and a little cheaper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.