NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well today i tried to install my AEM CAI for my 2002 celica gt. I was able to remove the stock airbx without a hitch, i can fit the intake without a problem after cutting of the wheel well....but there so many damn connections that i took off the stock air box and i dont know where to put them on the CAI. Plus i also put the rubber tube onto the CAI too far in....so my CAI sits closer to the engine and is pretty far off of the left tire (driver side). Can anyone help me with removing the rubber tube from the CAI? I tried using bare hands but it wouldn't budge at all. I just want some input....like would some lubricant help or something? Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Only thing I can recommend is to go over the manual more closely and if that doesn't help call AEM. They are very helpful. I had lots of problems because I had a dealer install it and screw it up so at one point AEM invited me out there and helped me fix what was wrong.

·
Registered
207 Posts
man if you enjoy installing your own parts like I do (and many others no doubt), then PLEASE follow the damn instructions and remember where everything came from! Seriously bevery organized with it. If you need to, label things with tape and put screws. etc. in ziplocs and write where they all come from. If you don't pay attention to everything, you'll end up majorly fu*king your car up.
Oh and to answer your question - go to the installs section above. or do a search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts