NewCelica.org Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted in the audio, security section but no response.
My battery went out the other day due to leaving lights on and ever since I revived it, the door does not unlock with the viper keyless entry remote. I have viper alarm(it's a basic alarm, same as any standard alarm out there). when i enable my alarm, the door locks with it but it when i press again to disable alarm, the door does not unlock like it did before.
I do remember unlockign door and locking with the key repeatedly in one situation.

do you know why this is happening?
can't go back to shop because the shop closed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Call any shop that installs the viper alarm and tell them the problem. They may tell you what you can do or ask you to bring it in, obviously ask how much it'll cost if they do ask you to bring it in because I wouldn't want you to get ripped off.

My viper stopped working one day and I brought it to a random aftermarket shop ('cause the shop I had it done by closed) and they fixed it for free.

And have you tried calling the manufacturer, it might be something simple and common...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It seems too mcuh of a coincidence that it would stop unlocking with the alarm after the juice died. also if the fuse was blown wouldn't it affect both the locking and unlocking?
it currently locks with the alarm but does not unlock. few days ago i tried to re-program, it wouldn't work but the power locks unlock button became inoperative with the key out of the ignition. after I put the key back in the engine, the unlock worked again without the key taken out from then on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nope. the remote works.
I noticed that even though the door automatically locks when u set the kery in the ignition to on position, the door does not unlock back when it's in off position. this is what is causing the doors to no unlock when i deactrivate alarm
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
773 Posts
the doors lock when you turn the key on because a feature called "ignition locks" is turned on. It can easily turned off. It should have been done when the alarm was installed unless you requested it. its a really annoying feature. check the manual but to enter programming mode simply turn the ignition on then off, then you hit the valet button a certain number of times, then hold. followed by a button press on the remote

As far as the door not unlocking I'm not too sure. kinda odd that it only works with the key in the ignition
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Locust13 said:
the doors lock when you turn the key on because a feature called "ignition locks" is turned on. It can easily turned off. It should have been done when the alarm was installed unless you requested it. its a really annoying feature. check the manual but to enter programming mode simply turn the ignition on then off, then you hit the valet button a certain number of times, then hold. followed by a button press on the remote

As far as the door not unlocking I'm not too sure. kinda odd that it only works with the key in the ignition
before the problem happened. when i rotate the key in the ignition to 'on' the door locks and when i rotate it to off to take out my key the door unlocked automatically. now the door locks when it is on 'on' but when i rotate to 'off' it does not unlock back.

with the alarm remote, similar scenario. when I press the button on my remote to activate the alarm, the door locks but when i press button again to unalarm, the door does not unlock back. so it got me to think it is not due to the alarm but due to a problem with the autolock feature on the car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
i'm not sure if this is your problem or not. but i also have a viper alarm and i've done this a few times.. if i arm the alarm before i shut my door then my doors will lock but not unlock. after a little messing around i realized that the factory alarm was working. so i got my factory alarm and hit unlock and it worked right after wards.. hope that might help some.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BlackCelicaGTS3 said:
i'm not sure if this is your problem or not. but i also have a viper alarm and i've done this a few times.. if i arm the alarm before i shut my door then my doors will lock but not unlock. after a little messing around i realized that the factory alarm was working. so i got my factory alarm and hit unlock and it worked right after wards.. hope that might help some.
Factory alarm?
I don't think I ever had that.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
82 Posts
Celica never came with a true Toyota Keyless, they were all "port installed" by a dealership, 9 times out of 10 they are audiovox pieces (i work for a car alarm comapany called Omega R&D, K-9, Excalibur, etc... we have access to all the factory shop manuals for the electrical systems) But BlackcelicaGTS03 is right, after power cycling the port alarm, you need to disarm it for the car to function properly, but if you didn't have the port alarm, definatly go to a stereo shop or security specialist in your area, as a tech for my company, i get too many calls about stuff like this, when someone with good intentions burned up a factory actuator, module, etc...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,711 Posts
Originally posted by BlackCelicaGTS3
i'm not sure if this is your problem or not. but i also have a viper alarm and i've done this a few times.. if i arm the alarm before i shut my door then my doors will lock but not unlock. after a little messing around i realized that the factory alarm was working. so i got my factory alarm and hit unlock and it worked right after wards.. hope that might help some.
I had that happen to me as well.
Try this, it worked for me. Go inside your car, lock and unlock the doors using the switch inside the car. Then go outside and lock the car with your remote. See if that works.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
twistedGTS said:
I had that happen to me as well.
Try this, it worked for me. Go inside your car, lock and unlock the doors using the switch inside the car. Then go outside and lock the car with your remote. See if that works.
that didn't work.
the door still does not unlock with the remote.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
OK this is wierd. If I remeber correctly, The toyota did a standard 2 wire setup for the lock and unlock. So lets try touble shooting.

1. Does your power lock button lock and unlock.

2. If so does the remote light up (transmit light) light up for all the button when pressed. If no replace baterry.

3. If yes, then check all your fuses. Not your car fuse panel, but the fuses for the alarm itself. There should be 2. It will be up under your dash around the steering column. Look for a little black box that says viper on it with a whole bunch of wires coming out. If good then go on to next step.

4. If your viper alarm is pretty new, then it probably came with a 451m. It's a lock/unlock module. That also has fuses on it. On the main brain, the one with viper logo, look for a green and blue wire (green and blue are the lock and unluck wires) off a small white 3 pin harness. Trace that to see if it goes to a seperate little box. It should have 451m on it. If you have one check the fuses on that and see if there good.

5. No use? Unplug the main harness (one with the most wires) and then plug it back in. That resets just the alarm.


If your problem doesnt get fixed your SOL. Just kiddin. Take it to the place you got it installed from or Best Buy/Circuit City. They might have to test wires with a meter. A built in relay or external 451m relay could have gone bad, and or your alarm went defective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
yes. the power lock locks and unlocks.
and alram works.
the only thing is that the alarm does not unlock the doors although it gets disengaged.
someone mentioned about rebooting the alarm. how can i do this?
the alarm is 5 years old.
i can't find that fuse box. I only found ones under the hood.
i think the problem is not the alarm itself but a problems with the automatic lock/unlock feature (when u turn on the ignition with the key in it, the door automatically locks and then when u set the key to off position the door unlocks back). the problem I have is that the door although auto locks, does not unlock back.
the shop i got it from closed down.

so i have been resorting to disengaging the alarm with remote then opening the door with key.

GTSDOHCVVTLi said:
OK this is wierd. If I remeber correctly, The toyota did a standard 2 wire setup for the lock and unlock. So lets try touble shooting.

1. Does your power lock button lock and unlock.

2. If so does the remote light up (transmit light) light up for all the button when pressed. If no replace baterry.

3. If yes, then check all your fuses. Not your car fuse panel, but the fuses for the alarm itself. There should be 2. It will be up under your dash around the steering column. Look for a little black box that says viper on it with a whole bunch of wires coming out. If good then go on to next step.

4. If your viper alarm is pretty new, then it probably came with a 451m. It's a lock/unlock module. That also has fuses on it. On the main brain, the one with viper logo, look for a green and blue wire (green and blue are the lock and unluck wires) off a small white 3 pin harness. Trace that to see if it goes to a seperate little box. It should have 451m on it. If you have one check the fuses on that and see if there good.

5. No use? Unplug the main harness (one with the most wires) and then plug it back in. That resets just the alarm.


If your problem doesnt get fixed your SOL. Just kiddin. Take it to the place you got it installed from or Best Buy/Circuit City. They might have to test wires with a meter. A built in relay or external 451m relay could have gone bad, and or your alarm went defective.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
434 Posts
I have a viper alarm and this is how i solved that problem. Unlock the door with the key, open the door then hit the unlock button with the door already open. Shut the door and now try locking the door by remote
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,317 Posts
celenium said:

i think the problem is not the alarm itself but a problems with the automatic lock/unlock feature (when u turn on the ignition with the key in it, the door automatically locks and then when u set the key to off position the door unlocks back). the problem I have is that the door although auto locks, does not unlock back.
the shop i got it from closed down.

so i have been resorting to disengaging the alarm with remote then opening the door with key.

If your alarm is fairly new and its an aftermarket, there is a wire near the key switch that need to be grounded, bypassed, or disarmed. I work at Best Buy so I did an info search on keless entries/alarm for our cars. This wire is responsible for the automatic lock/unlock when the igintion is switched. Go by a Best Buy and ask one of the install techs to do a Tips/FAQ search on the 7th generation Celica. That should be where all your problem is coming from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
I posted in the audio, security section but no response.
My battery went out the other day due to leaving lights on and ever since I revived it, the door does not unlock with the viper keyless entry remote. I have viper alarm(it's a basic alarm, same as any standard alarm out there). when i enable my alarm, the door locks with it but it when i press again to disable alarm, the door does not unlock like it did before.
I do remember unlockign door and locking with the key repeatedly in one situation.

do you know why this is happening?
can't go back to shop because the shop closed
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
If your alarm is fairly new and its an aftermarket, there is a wire near the key switch that need to be grounded, bypassed, or disarmed. I work at Best Buy so I did an info search on keless entries/alarm for our cars. This wire is responsible for the automatic lock/unlock when the igintion is switched. Go by a Best Buy and ask one of the install techs to do a Tips/FAQ search on the 7th generation Celica. That should be where all your problem is coming from.
If your alarm is fairly new and its an aftermarket, there is a wire near the key switch that need to be grounded, bypassed, or disarmed. I work at Best Buy so I did an info search on keless entries/alarm for our cars. This wire is responsible for the automatic lock/unlock when the igintion is switched. Go by a Best Buy and ask one of the install techs to do a Tips/FAQ search on the 7th generation Celica. That should be where all your problem is coming from.
I posted in the audio, security section but no response.
My battery went out the other day due to leaving lights on and ever since I revived it, the door does not unlock with the viper keyless entry remote. I have viper alarm(it's a basic alarm, same as any standard alarm out there). when i enable my alarm, the door locks with it but it when i press again to disable alarm, the door does not unlock like it did before.
I do remember unlockign door and locking with the key repeatedly in one situation.

do you know why this is happening?
can't go back to shop because the shop closed
are you still stranded do you need an uber or lyft or whats your location If im close to you I can maybe get ya back on rd
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top