NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
so yesterday, after many wiring issues and connectivity trials my boyfriend and i installed 2 10's and an amp in the celi. the set up looks a lil rugged with the wires shown from the amp which is then hidden under the carpet of the car...well, we had some issues connecting the thing to the stock radio so we took it sound advice...i don't think the people knew exactly what we're doing but i guess they finished what we couldn't..blah blah..so the problem is this:

we had issues with tying the power source to the amp and we ended up tapping it to the lighter and replacing it with a 5A fuse. now the thing is now my turn signals don't work. the wierd thing is the hazards do and the fuses/bulbs are perfect. what gives? my boyfriend even unhooked the amp from the fuse just to see if that was the source and it still didn't work. i re-set my ecu and still didn't work...does anyone have any idea???

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
XYRCNCP said:
I don't really know what could've happened, but maybe the turn signal relay is fried? Thing is that the amp should have NEVER been hooked up to a fuse.....ALWAYS direct to battery.
the amp is connected to the battery. all i know is that there is a baby blue wire that is connected to the fuse box and we needed to connect it there so that the amp is not on all the time. i so suck at electronics :(

i'mma re-check all the fuses again.

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
ah, you are referring to your REMOTE wire, you could've connected it to the cigarrete lighter. Check all fuses including the ones in the engine bay, but I have a feeling that the relay is involved.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
XYRCNCP said:
ah, you are referring to your REMOTE wire, you could've connected it to the cigarrete lighter. Check all fuses including the ones in the engine bay, but I have a feeling that the relay is involved.
actually now that i remember, that's where i told my boyfriend to tap it in not the power windows :) woohoo - i did something smart - ha! the guys at sound advice told my bf to tap into he ECU-Accessories, but another guy there said not to...i told my bf that i wanted to tap into something i can do without. eventually i'mma get a relay switch & hopefully a separate power source so i can turn on the power.

dumb question: to check the fuses in the engine bay, i open the relay/fuse box right? i have a lil checker thing that lights up if the fuse is functional...can i use that for the fuses in the engine bay?

you've been a great help :D

·
Premium Member
21,896 Posts
yep that's right, that's where the fuses are. If you are gonna keep the OEM HU, I recommend just keeping the remote wire connected to the cig lighter, don't bother adding another switch, then again that's MY opinion.

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
XYRCNCP is right, keep it hooked to the cig lighter. You remote wire won't draw more than 500mA, so you don't need to worry about blowing anything. But triple check your fuses. That's usually the problem. If it still isn't fixed, make sure you didn't knock any wires loose when you hooked stuff up.

Curt

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well, i checked all the fuses and all of them seemed fine. i didn't know how to check the larger ones though nor the relays..i'm a [email protected] :rolleyes:

nevertheless, when i was tryin' to check the fuses from the inside of the car it was a lil hard to follow the map provided for it seemed as if there was more mentioned than was actually installed :wtf: :confused:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts