NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to lower my car plain and simple about 1.2 to 1.4 inches. I have never dropped a car before i dont want to spend to much money on this Iam going more for looks but i dont want to mess up my car and end up having to buy new shocks and struts the next week because the new springs messed them up. someone told me to buy tein s tech or h tech. If any one has some advice please share it because Iam lost.

·
Registered
936 Posts
I got s-tech on my celica very nice clean drop. I would go for it. if you want pics check out my gallery

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
yea go with some tein stechs. you can also go hotchkis spring as well. they are a lil more of a drop compared to the stechs. but before you install your new springs you should also get some aftermarket shocks so later down the road you wouldnt need to take the suspension apart again

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well if i get some s tech springs which should lower the car around 1.2-1.4 inchs what kind of springs do you recomend to buy with those tien springs

·
Registered
515 Posts
^ if you meant "what kind of SHOCKS" i think most people would recommend the KYB AGX, but i think the KYB GR2 are just as good too. and they are not that expensive.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
I got Hotchkis on mine. Drops are 1-3/8" in the front and 1-7/8" in the back. See sig.

Hotchkis and Tein will be okay on stock shocks for now, but like others have said you might as well upgrade your shocks so that you don't have to mess with the suspension again. Or you could save a little more and get some coilovers instead.

·
Registered
3,528 Posts
LightningRod said:
I got Hotchkis on mine. Drops are 1-3/8" in the front and 1-7/8" in the back. See sig.

Hotchkis and Tein will be okay on stock shocks for now, but like others have said you might as well upgrade your shocks so that you don't have to mess with the suspension again. Or you could save a little more and get some coilovers instead.
i have the same springs as well. i like them they are lower then the tein. with shocks i got your PM get the ones that Orijinalx said. I am still on stock shocks right now. they are still holding good.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Can someone please explain coilovers to me ( how are they set up compared to lowering springs)are they better then lowering springs???? i heard that they mess up the shocks, after a while

·
Registered
903 Posts
if you get coilovers, dont get them unless they are the true one piece ones. The imitations suck. But these will cost you at least 700 and up.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have Tokico Shocks and Sprint Springs on mine. My setup is great, it rides really smooth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts