NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been testing out an AEM and Injen Intake for 6 months.

but would like to go back to stock due to a recent problem of the car's loss of power in the very low rpms 1-2.5k. The car putters.
Then I got a CEL light that keeps comming back.

I currently have AEM hook up that I removed but I would like instuctions as to all the hoses that need to be hooked.
give me some pictures with diagrams.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
I had this same Problem with my AEM.

All it was that the gasket where the Intake fits on the throttle body was loose. Once I screwed it on tighter with a flat head screwdriver everything was fine. That was the only time I had a CEL also.

Matt

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When you mention gasket that connects to the throttle body, is that the rubber piece that fits on the ends of the intake?
also I hear the cylinder cover making noise

·
Registered
251 Posts
Dude, as WillyK already told you, look on the underside of your hood above where the stock intake used to be. There is a little diagram there that will help you put things back together easily.

·
635RWHP / 550RWTQ
8,659 Posts
ye that rubber peice is the gasket. Ur engine is getting eathier too much or not enoguh air and its running roough if you fix the gasket the rubber peice it wil be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m having the same issues ‘car's loss of power in the very low rpms 1-2.5k’. I heard you can change the fuse ETCS but I can’t find it on 2002 model. Help

·
Registered
417 Posts
Yes honey, I know. Women r better then u think. It’s a forum.
but if u want to chat to girls there is dif sites for that.
This one is for View attachment 55058 advice and help only.
If ur having a issue with ur car wed rather u open a new thread vs open a 20 year old one. Has nothing to do with ur sex, has to do with common sense.

2000 GTS Turbo

1 - 17 of 17 Posts