NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am trying to get some work done on my car now that the days are getting warmer. I was actually in the process of cleaning my MAF and IAC valves when I noticed a harness plug that is not being used. Here is a pic of the plug:
[/IMG]

The plug is circled in red and the green circle is just showing that it is next to the charcoal canister. The plug has 2 contacts, one coming from a red wire with a blue stripe, the other coming from a black wire with a white stripe. This plug comes from the harness cluster where the MAF is located as well, so I know it is supposed to have something to do, but I have just noticed it so it must have been this way since I got the car a year ago.

More info about this photo for reference, the black pipe in the lower right is the ECU air duct, and the black pipe in the top right is the air intake pipe coming from the filter.

Any information would be great, as I would like to plug this thing in. Also, there are no places that I could fine for it to plug into, so maybe something was removed?

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
that blue plug ran a valve which operated the butterfly valve/plate inside the factory airbox.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
If I remember it was on the bottom. Three vacuum lines and a blue plug. I still have the valve somewhere in a box around here.

I've been running for 10 years with that little blue plug tucked away behind the maf cable harness.

Are you still running a stock box? Or intake kit?

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't checked the bottom. The car had an aftermarket intake that put the filter in front of the wheel, but it was lowered so after sucking up a bunch of water I was finally able to find a stock box and change it back. There was not much info on the web for the stock box so I just put it in there the best I could so It is very possible that there should be an electrical plug for it. I will pull it out tomorrow and check.

·
12+ years daily driver
8,599 Posts
I haven't checked the bottom. The car had an aftermarket intake that put the filter in front of the wheel, but it was lowered so after sucking up a bunch of water I was finally able to find a stock box and change it back. There was not much info on the web for the stock box so I just put it in there the best I could so It is very possible that there should be an electrical plug for it. I will pull it out tomorrow and check.
ok well if the box was plucked clean of all the parts then it's quite possible you wont see somewhere to plug it. Only a standoff or two where the valve mounted to the box.

check out page 4 of this aem intake install guide it goes over all three vsv's that are on the box. The one you will care about is VSV for intake air control valve. If you don't have the valve I *might* be able to find mine.
http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/aemcai/aemcaiinstall.pdf

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the PDF, that is what I was trying to find. It has some good info in it. I will get back on here when i have another chance, final exams are coming around these next 2 weeks so I will not be back til after that but I will post my finds when I am back.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey guys, sorry it took so long to get back on here. I did some reading through a bunch of the AEM CIA installation guides, along with a few other forum threads, and I found a few things out. For one, there are supposed to be 3 vacuum tubes attached and 1 electrical harness plug attached. I know that 1 of the vacuum lines comes from the EVAP link in the below pic:

I think this one is like an 11mm tube, and it is located right above what appears to be a 3mm tube. I am not sure where that tube is supposed to connect, so any thoughts are appriciated.

Another tube connects to a valve coming out of the intake manifold and is a one way vacuum valve (as shown below).

on the left is the intake, and it connects to a port to the left side of the air box and it seems to move some flap in the air box when vacuum is applied. I am not sure if this regulates air flow but that is what it does.

Here is a pic of my 3 ports, then, side by side. Again, I am not sure what the small port is supposed to connect too, so please send your thoughts. Also, I am not sure where I am supposed to connect the electrical plug. None of the documents talked about it and I cannot find a receiving plug in my air box so I am clueless.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts