NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys...noob here. I just recently bought a 2002 Celica Gt with cloth seats and had just swapped them out with 2001 leather seats. I know that some have different clickers...and the male won't "click" into the female. Fortunately for me...I still have my cloth seats which my clickers are still attached to. Now my question is this:

How do I remove the "seatbelt clicker" on the side of the seat? I tried fooling around with it and couldn't even get the whole plastic off. So I lifted it (trying not to break it) and unscrewed the bolt under only to realize that it was atttached to wires. How do I go about swapping that out? Is there any easier options to get my seatbelt to work? If not can someone please give me a DETAILED explanation on how to do this?

On a separate note...my rear seats (where your back rests, the fold down part) seams to not be lining up good. Like the right side locks in about an inch further back then the left one. Anybody else have something like that happen with theirs?

Thanks a lot in advance fellas. :gap:

***EDIT***BIG THANKS TO DELTA AND TRDOUG. I was actually able to mess around and finish swapping the "female receptor" from seat to seat. It was really annoying and a little time consuming but not too bad of a process. Now if only I can get some more input on the rear seat issue. :)

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
well thats a new one. never knew there was a difference. you are on the right track with the bolt, then unplug the harness under the seat and you can take it out and swap yours back in

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well thats a new one. never knew there was a difference. you are on the right track with the bolt, then unplug the harness under the seat and you can take it out and swap yours back in
Thanks for the quick response man...but is there and easier way to do this? There are 2 zip ties on the bottom do i just cut them? And how do you take the white harness off that's attached to the seat itself? also how do I properly remmove the plastic covering on the side of the seat...there was on CLEARLY SEEN screw and i can't figure out where there are anymore hiding. Thanks again.

·
Registered
14,069 Posts
honestly i dont recall. i remember going through the same process when installing my corbeaus and it just took time to figure out where the bolts/screws were. i wish i could tel you. but yeah clip the zipties, the clip prob has a "pushclip" type part on it that snaps it to the bottom of the seat, if thats the case wiggle and snap it off ;) i really dont recall though

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Yeah, they are different.
I think the color changed the same time the design did. Edit: 2000&2001 are the same. 2002 and later are the same. Color changed for 2003. [So anybody who reads this in the future, make sure they match up (not true)].
I haven't messed with mine......

.... I went out and looked. If you follow the wire, you'll see a connector on the inboard side of the seat near the front. Disconnect it there and pull the whole thing out. I saw that it was zip-tied to the seat too. So you'll probably have to take the whole seat out of the car. BO-106 only shows one fastner holding the plastic cover on. Once that's out, just do what it takes to remove it because the cover has to be off to get to the bolt. (I see you improvised). Clip the zip tie and work the connector out.
dB
(Wow. Two replies while I was typing this in.)
Edit: added view. The covers should be 71861 & 71862.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
From another thread...the problem I have better explained...

this is just a headsup: it's probably better if both parties involved in the trade remove the seat belt attachments connected to their seats. the reason being is that the seatbelt 'male' & 'female' connectors are not the same from car to car and you may wind up with a seat belt attachment that doesn't work. This happend to me in a trade from leather to cloth seats..we wound up having to remove the 'female' attachments from both seats in order to get them to work.

Just saying because i noticed the seat belt attachments were still attached in the pic you posted. But BUMP for great deal..not bad at all.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, they are different.
I think the color changed the same time the design did. So anybody who reads this in the future, make sure they match up.
I haven't messed with mine......

.... I went out and looked. If you follow the wire, you'll see a connector on the inboard side of the seat near the front. Disconnect it there and pull the whole thing out. I saw that it was zip-tied to the seat too. So you'll probably have to take the whole seat out of the car. BO-106 only shows one fastner holding the plastic cover on. Once that's out, just do what it takes to remove it because the cover has to be off to get to the bolt. (I see you improvised). Clip the zip tie and work the connector out.
dB
(Wow. Two replies while I was typing this in.)
Thanks for that...your post confused the hell out of me in the beginning. lol. But turned out pretty helpful:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Which one are you working on first? Take the ones off the seat that is out of the car first, you'll be able to see everything better. Then go at the one in the car when you know where everything is.

For the back, I think there is an adjuster(bump stop) on either the back of the seat, or the side where it meets the latch. Should be able to unscrew it so the seat stops sooner. Not sure though. Good luck with everything.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For the back, I think there is an adjuster(bump stop) on either the back of the seat, or the side where it meets the latch. Should be able to unscrew it so the seat stops sooner. Not sure though. Good luck with everything.
That would be AMAZING if that's the case. Thanks. :) Can anyone else chime in about this? I don't want to take it to the dealership and get RAPED! :AF:

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Forget the color trick. I looked up the part numbers.
2000 & 2001 are the same and are Amethyst (whatever that is)

2002 is still Amethyst but is the new design.

2003 and later are black, but will fit the 2002.
dB

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Forget the color trick. I looked up the part numbers.
2000 & 2001 are the same and are Amethyst (whatever that is)

2002 is still Amethyst but is the new design.

2003 and later are black, but will fit the 2002.
dB
lol...this is gonna make me sound like such a noob but...WHAT IS ALL THIS COLOR TALK??? Who is talking about colors and why are we talking about colors??? :confused: :p:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.