NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
number 1

Guys I don't know why I was hoping I could get some pointers as to why my 02 celica gt hatch makes a strange sound from time to time, when taking sharp turns etc...i checked the jack and spare they are held down perfectly what could it be?

And number 2

Why the hell am I taken in water from my trunk I changed the weather strip cause it was worn but I'm still taking in water?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Well if I had to guess, I would say its one of the gremlins in your intake manifold. You probably hit a bump and he got shaken out of his place and now he is just rattling around in one of your cylinders. They're tricky little bastards so good luck finding him and getting him back to where he belongs.

Seriously though, you need to at least describe the sound in order for anyone to have any idea what it could be.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
the sound normally happens when I'm driving 35-40 or just basically make a real sharp turn with out slowing down to much kind sounds like creaking metal, or metal bending if that helps it also doesn't happen to often but when it does its annoying

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it had one accident to the front driver side but never damaged the frame more so the cosmetics was too pretty, i know the suspension might last another 3 months before needing to be replaced >.<

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whoa i think that might actually be it NICE! i'll check when it's liight out

what about the taken in water? bad welds right guys?(if so how much do you think that'll cost mi?)

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
it shouldn't cost much to weld, but it'll help if you removed the trunk plastics to make doing the job easier.

there was another thread about moldy water/smell in the trunk. i think it was related with the rubber lining.

·
Registered
154 Posts
If you have a sunroof, check the drainage lines that go toward the back. If you open the little covers on the sides ( where the jack is) you should see a tube leading toward a some sort of connection in the side of the trunk. I had a huge leak problem where I woulld get terrible moldy/ dirty carpet smell after it rained. Eventually found out the tube popped out.

·
Spanning Tree Storm
1,264 Posts
have you changed taillights?

·
Premium Member
18,039 Posts
we need a picture of your car to see if things have been changed. you aren't sure since you aren't the original owner, but at least a picture would be helpful.
pics of your trunk too.

·
DA General
688 Posts
In the driver and passenger rear quarter panels, if you remove the rear trunk plastics, there is a tube that drains water from the trunk gutters. If the tube is disconnected from the fitting leading to outside. The tube will leak water into the trunk.

As for the creaking. Check that the rear shock is bolted down correctly. You can also check that when you remove inner trunk plastics.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts