NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI SO IM NEW TO THIS SITE BUT I NEED HELP ANYWAYS I BOUGHT A 2000 celica gts I knew it had issues but just realized they (previous owner) had tried swapping the engine out this car is a 2000 automatic celica gts the hood has 2zzge stamped as the engine that should be in it after a little research I can clearly see what's going on the car was a original 2zzge car then whoever had it before me must of tried swapping it out with the 1zzge by mistake and now I'm stuck with a car that needs a new header for the exhaust because the one that the car originally had doesn't match up with the 1zzfe that it has now I guess my question is would it be cheaper to just keep that 1zzfe and change over what ever I need to run that engine or should I just get a used 2zzge and swap it out engine looks fine but I have not tried to start it at all what and what would I need to do to swap it and make sure it runs smooth if I were to keep it in the car would I need to change the ecu? Any wires or sensors that i might have to alter to keep that engine? Is it even worth it? I got the car super cheap but now I know why lol anyways I am willing to fix it I would appreciate any help thank you

·
Registered
18 Posts
1zz is super reliable but if you know what you're doing you could go with the 2zz it's way better IMO. But I put a JDM 2zz in and now I'm having all sorts of issues I'm trying to solve :0 but if someone who knows what there doing does it should be fine.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
If you have a 1zz and it's a very early one ('00) I would be concerned about oil consumption. Some of the first 1zz's don't do it for a while, but they all eventually start to eat oil.

·
Premium Member
12,227 Posts
the number stamped on the firewall should be stamped Z231 or Z230, which it is?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts