NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wassup yall, short story, lots of flooding in south kackilacki, got caught in a flood. stock air box. died in water almost to the top of the rim. tried to restart once(like a dumbass), then got towed out. yall think i got hydro lock or what? i got a hayame exhaust but still stock air filter, if hydrolock, is this covered under warranty? please help!!!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
if the water was to the top of your rim and you werent PLOWING through it the entrance to the airbox is above the water.. if you were plowing through the water, you probably hydrolocked... other than that you may have shorted something out and killed the engine... did it crank when you tried to restart, what did the engine sound like ?

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
No, hydrolock is not covered by warranty but it should be covered by your insurance.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i wasn't plowing through. when i tried to restart, mt engine just clicked once. didn't turn over or anything.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
MicaCeli said:
Could be your starter or alternator shorted out.
Yup yup - with hydrolock you would have had a big thunk when it tried to spin the motor and couldn't due to water or bent rod.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Let things dry off and then try again. If the water went almost to the top of the rim and you weren't plowing through like already said then just let the car sit in the sun with the hood open and try again when you're engine bay seems dry. I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about other than getting your Celica towed and having it to dry out. Good luck.

·
Vendor
15,564 Posts
open your air box first - if your air filter is sopping wet then take your plugs out before you try to spin the engine over.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Originally posted by Boosted2.0
open your air box first - if your air filter is sopping wet then take your plugs out before you try to spin the engine over.

:thumbup:

Great advice. Listen to him. If you don't and there is water in there......BAM.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks yall, but i'm pretty sure it's toast. the interior's jacked as well. i talked to the insurance people, and they tols me, if it's hydro locked for sure, they're just gonna total my car. so i might be having a part out sell soon. thanks again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm in scumter. if you've been around here you might have seen me. if i ever figure out how to post pics, i'll post of what my car use to be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts