NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a python990 on my 2000 celica GTS manual, all the wire aready hook up and i dont know what wire can i use to remote start it.. i am using a relay to bypass the clutch... (clutch switch reference guide type 2 indicated a wire that must see ground durning the crank cycle to engage the starter. pin 86 goes to the starter wire and pin 85 to a 'ground when running' output from your remote starter.... so i got pin 30 to (-)ground, pin 86 to (+)starter wire, pin 87 to Black/white wire to the clutch, pin 85 go to what wire on Python990?????

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
What clutch switch reference guide??

·
Registered
473 Posts
i wouldnt do any aftermarket remote start, even people at flee markets down here dont recommend it. no one one who deals with alarms really recommends remote start, unless their greedy for the profit.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
i wouldnt do any aftermarket remote start, even people at flee markets down here dont recommend it. no one one who deals with alarms really recommends remote start, unless their greedy for the profit.
yes those flea market people are well respected

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,635 Posts
Doesn't sound like you have that relay wired correctly, for one. Second, you just need to bypass the Clutch Safety Switch... which you can hardwire or do it with a relay that is activated by the remote start (which sounds like you're trying to do). That would be preferred. You also have to have the ability to "arm" the remote start.... ensuring you're in Neutral before "arming" the remote start ability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts