NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just installed my APC reverse indiglos yesterday and everything was good... they were working fine. Today they dont work. I jiggled them around and heard sparks and smells like burning. I take them out to find that the wire tab thing at the top it burnt in half... What happened? Is it the way i hooked them up? I wired them to the passenger side fuse box like i did the neons. Thats probly what went wrong but i dont know... Any help would be great. I know they arent gonna work anymore cus... their dead... ok...
http://members.cox.net/eagle23455/hi.jpg

·
Registered
37 Posts
hmmm thats your cig lighter fuse. Did you have anything plugged in there at the time the gauges blew?

Did you use those fuse extenders? (turns one fuse slot into two slots)

I have my gauges connected to the top right fuse, which makes it turn on whenever the head lights turn on.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea the I_I tab was bent so i took the cover thing off and like bent it back and it sparked but the guages glowed when it sparked (?) but then i was like "oh ****, time to take em out" and it was burnt through... I'll try to get some pics with my friends camera tomorrow

·
Registered
357 Posts
Karrion, where did you get those fuse extenders and how much?

PunkKid, if the connection was burnt completely and you can't get electricity to the rest of the gauge face, you can solder the connection together. I had to do that w/ a set of indiglows. it was pretty easy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.