NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
K. when i am sitting at a light or just stoped, when i take off quickley it sounds like the engine is flooding or stalling. it sits there at around 1k rpm for a sec or two and gurgles. then soon as it hits about 1,500 2,000 it takes off just fine. it dosent happen any time else except when i just take off, its fine while im driving around. also when i have it in park or neutral and hit the gas the engine rpms go down for a sec then jump up. someone please help.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
fixed!!

i couldnt belive it. today was my first time in newcelica and i posted my question. i guess i should have looked around first, cause i saw that a couple of people had somewhat of a similer prob. we like hesitation and such with the thottle. many people suggested to clean the MFAS. well i was gonna take the car to toyota dealer tomorrow, but i figured, sht ill try the MFAS thing real quick. i cleaned it and it runs like a champ. i dont get it. its great just dont get it. if some one can please school me on what exactly the MFAS does and why it can do such a drastic change in your engine. this is the first import ive owned and first car with a MFAS so bear with me. thanks

·
Registered
163 Posts
From what i can tell the MAFS just reads how much air is going through to the throttle body and then ecu then in turns figures out how much gas to inject based on the MAFS reading. So if you MAFS is dirty the reading might be low causing you to run a little lean.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts