NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
fools runnin a Honda 2000
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i kno the instructions in jap, but wat is the primer in the packet used for, where exactly do i use it?

anyway there r 2 screw type things include, which end goes into the car n how? im just asking to b safe befor i actually start working,
thank you;)

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Drill out the old studs slowly, and go buy 2 bolts and 2 nuts and use those instead of the provided studs, the ones I got were way to big. Mine never came with primer and you dont need any. Just make sure to get good adhesive for the gas cap.

·
Trust me, I'm Asian.
8,552 Posts
Do a quick search and you'll find a thread where someone posted the translations for the Japanese instructions.

Do another quick search on google and you'll learn about how rivets work.

·
Registered
1,224 Posts
Yes, you can use bolts instead of the alluminum rivets which are probably the "screw like things" you are
refering to.
However, make shure the bolts are rust proof .

BTW, the "primer" is just a cleaner that is used to clean the stock cap before applying the double sided tape for the supplied chrome cap.
Keep in mind that it is disigned for the JDM cap witrhout a teather.
So, some creativity must be used to install it on the ADM cap.

·
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
wait, i cant get the origional clips off to remove my fuel door, n how did u guys remove the teather to the fuel cap?

·
3,854 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its all done,i got a minor chip of one egde cuz i was jerking off while i was installing.
not noticeable, whoo glad thats over with now time to get my fake body kit installed yippee!!!!

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
looks good bro. good thing you didn't use nuts and bolts. otherwise idk if there would be enough clearance. and or if you could get behind it. i replaced my stock one due to rust on the hinges causing it fall apart. defiantly rivets are the way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.