NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so when i thought i was finally ready to get coilovers and HIDs i hit the damn car again.. i was driving in my works parking lot and i didnt see a huge rock they had just placed on the side of the parking lot so ppl dont drive in the grass (which i usually do) and i hit it with my passenger side front wheel... the side skirt got completely busted and the rim has a small chip... but thats only the body damage..the alignment is completely messed up, my steering wheel is turned a lil bitt when i try to go straight and of course the car pulls a lot to the right.
I need some recomendations of places where i can take my car to get the alignment fixed and paint my side skirts and front bumper.. (one of my side skirts was scratched up also) the body kit parts are pre-primed i just need a local shop to paint them for cheap.
I took the car to justires but they did some crapy work... thats why i wanna make sure the next time i spend some money its gonna be at a good place that has experience with celicas. i had hit the rear of the car before during the winter and they couldnt get it back to normal alignment even after i bought the entire rear suspension. Im posting a bunch of pix down here so you guys can see what im talking about. Any help would be very appreciated..

PS: sory i had to write so much and oh yeah..i also need a new kaminari side skirt

·
Registered
773 Posts
it's not that you write so much. it's that the grammar and spelling are so bad.

that said, i'll help: i'd recommend addison wheel alignment. my experience with him has been really good and i thought jesse used to rec him, too. but i've no complaints.

for paint, most any reputable shop will do. i've had basic work done on a jetta at body werks in skokie. they have a rep for doing all the bling, show stuff but they can do the simple things, too. again, i've had good experiences there but they do have a rap of being hard to deal with on occasion.

good luck. watch out for those big rocks at work. they'll sneak up on ya.

·
Registered
773 Posts
also, meant to ask: why the **** were you driving on the grass? it's a parking lot. how much time could it really save?

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tnx for the input guys.. jesse i went to that same just tires and the guys put the car up in the rack and after 10 mins told me that they couldnt do anything cuz something was bent, they didnt even give me a print out with the measurments. do u know anyone that works there?
and yea its a country club and i was playing golf and teed of the 9th hole which is really close from the spot where i parked (which is like 100ft from the actual parking lot) the only thing is that in order to park there i had to go through some grass and there was the rock that they had just placed today.

·
Registered
593 Posts
DaileyDog said:
that said, i'll help: i'd recommend addison wheel alignment. my experience with him has been really good and i thought jesse used to rec him, too. but i've no complaints.
Is he still around? I know when I passed by there a few months ago I didn't see the sign up.

Admittedly, I haven't called. When I went to him, he did really good work fast. I've recommended to my friends and they've had no complaints either.

·
Premium Member
18,200 Posts
I don't know what the policy is at Just Tires if you actually have damaged parts. The guy I know who works there has experience on Celicas (including mine), but we always do my stuff off the clock. So you may be SOL there, until you basically get the car fixed.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
today i took the car to thalmans alignment in glenview....the front is all fixed it took the guys like 10 mins to get it back in place but the rear is the problem...i dont know much about supensions but is there a way i can get a crash bolt for the rear? i read there is some for the front but im not sure how it works...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I put the new tires on today..the shaking went away but pulls really hard to the left, i guess you are right..time for new lower control arms...any junk yards around the area that have celicas?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts