NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i just got my pioneer 9300 headunit installed and i love it. Its so great. HOwever, we ran into alot of problems. I own a 2000 gts and we had 3 experienced people, not me, working on puting this headunit in. It was quite the struggle. However, now a day later, i need your guys help and i know you can help me. For starters, my clock resets every time, i pull the key out, but not my headunit, and so does my light, well the light goes out, but as soon as i put the key back in, it resets. I think this has something to do with the way we hooked it up. Also my alarm does not work at all now. My keyless entry doesnt work as well and either do the locks, but when the key is in, the locks work fine, so once again, i think we triggered something with the install. And the last thing is now when i first put the key in, the speedometer and the tack go up to 80 mph and 3000 rpm, for about 3 seconds and then go back down. I really dont understand this, but i think we can fix this, please please help me with any information. Thanks so much.

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
thats ****ing wierd.

all i can think is something to do with the constant power wire and the ignition power wire. but i don't know how that would explain the speedo and stuff....

·
Registered
10 Posts
ive had that problem before. You blew a fuse. it is rated 7.5 four prong brown little fugger that didnt want to be pulled. its one of those set of fout off to the right of the mini bus fuses. there should be and extra one under the hold in the big fuse and relay box.

nate :gap:

·
Registered
767 Posts
You need to rewire evertything and put things back cuz dam you did something just check the wiring or you got to get outside help
your tack i get that when i reset my whole car when the cd gets stuck

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, guys i think i got it, i did blow some kind of fuse and i will fix that, and i think that my tach is doing that becasue it is reseting every time i start the car. It has something to do with the way this dude wired the car so i think with your help this can be fixed. Please keep the input coming, you guys are great! Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts