NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a 18" wheel package with tire that cost only 899 (with instalation and balancing) the brand is Akita, I don't know if you guys have heard of it and please tell me if its recommendable, thank you!

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
Another no name brand. They're usually OK for looks, but not for performance (definitely not 18s), and sometimes can be kinda weak and easy to bend.

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
I don't think 19s can fit without rubbing when you turn the steering wheel too far. You'd probably be as fast as an Echo with those. :chuckles: Hopefully your car is/will be lowered before you get these rims. Otherwise it'll look like you're driving an SUV. :ugh:

·
Registered
587 Posts
hm, i have 17" axis mod 7 (the glowing booger eclipse on the first fast and furious had the same wheels, and no, they came on the car when i bought it)

·
Registered
521 Posts
Blue Bomber said:
I don't think 19s can fit without rubbing when you turn the steering wheel too far. You'd probably be as fast as an Echo with those. :chuckles: Hopefully your car is/will be lowered before you get these rims. Otherwise it'll look like you're driving an SUV. :ugh:

I'm not gonna argue that without lowering it looks like an SUV, but the thing i was wondering today, does it still look like an SUV when the rim size changes, but the overall diameter stays close to the same? I'm buying some 17" rims with 225/40R17s on them, and the overall is 24.5" whereas stock is 24". I dont have springs yet, and I might have to go a short period before I can get them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eer..would you guys talk about my topic? i just seen one answer for my question so far

·
Zettai Unmei Mokushiroku
28,865 Posts
jst07 said:
Blue Bomber said:

I'm not gonna argue that without lowering it looks like an SUV, but the thing i was wondering today, does it still look like an SUV when the rim size changes, but the overall diameter stays close to the same? I'm buying some 17" rims with 225/40R17s on them, and the overall is 24.5" whereas stock is 24". I dont have springs yet, and I might have to go a short period before I can get them.
Yes, it looks equally as bad. Especially 18s. Seen it many times on here. The stock wheel gap is just too much and makes any wheel over 16" look out of place.

·
Registered
332 Posts
zeon said:
eer..would you guys talk about my topic? i just seen one answer for my question so far

well, what kind of tires come with it? most decent rims run at least $150/ea so you're getting off cheap. i have 17"s with 225/45 yoko's. just replacing the tires will be $600 for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts