NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So first off I apologize if this is in the wrong section. Ive never had to post anything because i usually can find everything i need on the forum without having to make a new thread. But anyway here is my problem. I got my clutch replaced a month or so ago. When i got my car back from the shop the E brake light on the dash was always on. It will not turn off. I took my car back and they said "it couldn't be from anything they did." I checked the brake fluid and it is on max. I took out my center console to take a look at the e brake switch. It seemed to be working properly. I disconnected the wire and grounded it out to the same place the switch was grounded to. The light was still on. I tapped on the brake fluid reservoir sensor. I unplugged it, and even tried connecting the 2 wires that go to the sensor. And the light is still on!! I don't know what else it could be. From my research the only thing that triggers that light is low brake fluid, The e brake switch or a bad reservoir sensor.
I also bleed all the brakes and the clutch thinking there might be bubbles somewhere in the system but there was none!
:wtf2:

Anybody have any ideas or had something similar happen?

·
Registered
188 Posts
Ya weird. I assume your braking is ok since you didn't mention braking was off. This leads me to believe you should check your e-brake system.

Go HERE for service manual and look at page BR-8 on Volume 2. That is around page 631 when viewing in Adobe Reader. Goes over e-brake adjustments and links to shoe adjustment (check shoe clearance before adjusting e-brake).

If you don't know how to do this take it to a trustworthy shop and tell them to do this. Don't tell them anything else, just say you want this procedure completed. If it doesn't check out, have them fix it. If it's OK, tell them the e-brake light is staying on and to diagnose it. Doing it this way could possibly cut your bill :money: by preventing them from doing an entire diagnostic (possibly incorrect diagnostic) and fix if it's just the e-brake adjustment. It's not like mechanics have been known to pad the bill before :/:

Hope that helps!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts