NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!
I have installed tein ss p with motors. And i have the EDFC for it, but i have no installation guide.
There is four wires coming to the power of the EDFC, and i don't know which is which.
There is red, green, yellow and the black. I guess the red is for acc power, the black is for ground but i'm not sure, just don't want to burn the edfc. And i don't know what is the yellow and the green, where have i to connect them? Help me please!

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
ok the way i did it if i remember was i cut the cig lighter out and used those wires for the constant power and acc power and i just took the ground wire to the chassis. the green wire i think i also tied that in with the acc wire but dont remember. i would have to pull the shift surround to make sure thats how i did it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok the way i did it if i remember was i cut the cig lighter out and used those wires for the constant power and acc power and i just took the ground wire to the chassis. the green wire i think i also tied that in with the acc wire but dont remember. i would have to pull the shift surround to make sure thats how i did it.
well, here is something i can't understand: There is 2 red colored wires, 1 black\white and 1 green in my cig. I think black\white - it's the ground, green the ilght power. 1 red wire goes together with black\white and green. And last red wire goes into yellow connector separately. Is this separate red wire "always on power"(All time power supply) or it's the ACC power wire? Like in this picture:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/585/p25x.jpg/

also the location of his edfc is where i put mine but my ashtray door is still functional to either hide the controller or display it
How did you do that?? I want to do it in the same way )) But the EDFC don't wana go in to the place.. The EDFC a little bit wider.

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
if you look you can see the tein logo sticking out at the top of the ashtray. as far as the wires go i dont remember like i said and ill have to pull the shift surround. ill do that in a little bit after i relax from workin on the car. ill post the pics in here for you as to what wires i connected to each other. as far as the ground goes you can just screw/bolt it to the floorboard as long as its metal the wire is touching. ill get a better pic of the edfc location. but mine fit perfectly in the ashtray

·
Registered
6,863 Posts
i did i started to look and realized i wired it up differently then i thought. i gotta remove the upper console, stereo head unit to see how i did it. i wired the edfc and my digital gauges up together.

you can still use the wires for the cig lighter. all youll need to do is use a test light to see which wire is constant and which wire is the acc (running lights on). then connect the yellow wire to the constant wire and the red and green to the acc wire. the ground wire will go to anything thats metal. best area is the bar that behind the upper console

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i figured that there is no constant wire in cig, because when i remove my key the cig is off... so i have to find some another wire that will fit to yellow on EDFC. Can't you see where does go your yellow wire?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.