NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to know if anyone in the San Diego area could help me put in my new headlight bulbs. Last time i did it myself and messed up the alignment on the light. One headlight was like facing the sky. So i went to Toyota figuring they would just do it for free or very cheap and they wanted to charge me $120. So now im looking for someone that can do it easily. I will even give you a few bucks if you want. Thanks ahead of time.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
$120? damn.

i usually do it by myself. the first time i did it, it was REALLY hard. i didn't get that i had to undo some little wire thing...and it took me like an hour. plus i did it at night.

anyhow...i don't know how to align the lights...sorry.

i am sure somebody from the San Diego area can help you.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh, no i didnt mean i needed to align the lights, its fine, one of my headlights just blew out, i just need to replace it, i was just saying the last time i replaced it myself somehow i didnt put it in right and the light was like pointing at the sky instead of where it was supposed to be. BUt i fixed that a long time ago, im just afriad to do it myself again cuz i dont want to mess it up.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Just move it around alot until the wire thing really fits well in it. If its too hard to get the wire thing around the light then its not straight. Its hard at first but now its cake.

·
Registered
687 Posts
eh ya my $7 bulb shorted a week ago for me, and I replaced it with my old stock ones, and just recently put the springs and stuff in... man what a pain in the ass. I think my alignment is messed up cuz it shoots really high...but doesnt matter... I can see a dramatic difference between stock bulbs compared to the blue fake hid that sacrifice light intensity for color. well it should just sit in position if you have the bulb right, make sure its in there secure then tighten the screw that holds the clip in

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went to a Toyota dealership, that the husband of one of the girls i work with works at. He took a quick look and at first couldnt figure out what was wrong. Then he realized that the little black piece thats supposed to be connected to the back of the bulb was missing. I feel like an idiot now, cuz when i pulled out the old light, i didnt take the black piece off and transfer it to the new bulb. That black piece is what helps hold the bulb in place, thats why i was having so much trouble getting it to lock in. So i go back home and luckily find the old bulb take the black piece off and put it on the new bulb, it now took me 2 minutes to put it in. Very easy. I knew it couldnt be as hard as it was seeming. But thanks for the info guys.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts