NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 Celica GTS that's had a crazy idle for a while now. It usually sits around 2000 RPM. It was throwing a P0505 error code, and another code which I can't remember, but if I remember right also pointed to idle system malfunction.

I tried taking apart the IACV and cleaning it our really good; after putting it back together it was idling correctly for about 2 days, then it started going crazy again. It'd jump around between 1-3k RPM, sometimes even up to 4k RPM at idle. After a bit it calmed back down and sat around 2k again. At this point I was convinced I had a bad IACV, and ordered a new one from toyotapartzone.com.

After putting in the new IACV, my CEL was gone and it again idled perfectly for 1 day, but now it's started going crazy again, jumping around between 1-4k and driving itself, help! I'm throwing the CEL again but haven't had a chance to read it. I'm sure it's the same codes since it's acting exactly the same.

Do you think I just got a bad IACV from toyotapartszone, or could it be something else? Any help is much appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update on P0505

Just for reference, my issue was the IACV, I just got a bad part from toyotapartzone. By the time I figured it out it was way to late to return it to them of course, but I put in a second IACV and it's been idling right where it should for a few months now. Actually may be a bit low as it occasionally dies when putting in the clutch, but it's done that since I bought it at 60,000 miles so I'm sure that's a separate issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts