NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a noob when It comes to N20. I am looking into getting the NX50 shot with the Gen 2 upgrade and the remote bottle opener. Is there anything else that I would need to run N20 safely?

Every place that I go to says that your car should be tuned to max performance. So I take that as I need a safc to fine-tune everything. Doesn't the safc just reset It self after a couple of drives. Can I use N20 without a safc, power fc, ect?

Sorry for all the questions, but If you don't ask them then l'll never know. I also did a search and really couldn't find my answer.

·
Registered
357 Posts
you don't need an s-afc for n20. the package you are getting will have everything you need with the exception of colder spark plugs. the NGK bkr7e are good, they are two steps colder than stock. you should always have 93 or higher octane also... here in california, the highest at the pump is 91, so i have to octane boost w/ either the NX Power Booster or race fuel.

if you're worried about running lean, you can always play around w/ the jet settings and use a setup w/ a little more fuel than nitrous.. better to be a little rich than lean. the install of the kit is actually not that bad at all, you just need to plan out everything before hand. if you have any electrical wiring knowledge, you should be able to install this thing w/ a friend in a few hours.

·
Registered
4,279 Posts
n2oxide said:
you don't need an s-afc for n20. the package you are getting will have everything you need with the exception of colder spark plugs. the NGK bkr7e are good, they are two steps colder than stock. you should always have 93 or higher octane also... here in california, the highest at the pump is 91, so i have to octane boost w/ either the NX Power Booster or race fuel.

if you're worried about running lean, you can always play around w/ the jet settings and use a setup w/ a little more fuel than nitrous.. better to be a little rich than lean. the install of the kit is actually not that bad at all, you just need to plan out everything before hand. if you have any electrical wiring knowledge, you should be able to install this thing w/ a friend in a few hours.
Like he said, if you want to play it safe, get colder spark plugs and bigger fuel jet to make it richer. A bottle warmer will help make things more consistent. Check your sparkplugs often and change when necessary. 50shot is pretty safe with the GT.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nyoneway said:

50shot is pretty safe with the GT.
I have a GT-S though. Reading the FI forum theres seems to be many people with a 50 shot on there GT-S. I just can't aford the XS Turbo kits anytime soon and would like to have a little more power sometimes.

Thanks for your help guys.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I would stick with a 35shot for a bit first on the GTS. Sure people on here may say 50shot NX is safe for the GTS...but in all reality, what do they know? Just because a few guys have it here and there doesnt mean its safe on the GTS.

If you ultimately plan on using the 50shotNX kit, I suggest saving up for a clutch...as I hear it will go pretty quick with that high shot. Besides that, use the NGKBKR7E's as suggested...it is only 1 step colder. Over time you might need to go another step colder..but I kinda doubt you will.

Even on a 35shotNX, the GTS pulls pretty hard and feels real nice. I originally wanted to move upto a 50shot, but in all reality...I am pretty happy with the 35whp that my kit gives me. :)

·
Registered
107 Posts
No...get a "gap tool" and gap them to about .035 or .036...

I run mine at .035 and it seems to ignite every time and i am running the 75shot = more prone to the spark going 'out'.

Peace,

J

·
Registered
497 Posts
Actually the plugs he needs for his setup will come pre-gapped. NGK-BKR7E's come pre-gapped to .035. The ones to avoid are the NGK-BKR7E-11, those come gapped around .040 I believe.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts