NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first of all dont know if this is the right thread...so mods feel free to move.

Well after about 3000 rpm i hear a baseball card in bicycle spokes kind of noise only while accelerating, stops as soon as i let off the gas. Also it only does this while moving, not when im just revving it in neutral. it seems to be running fine. Thanks in advance.

·
Electromagnetic Wave :-h
15,530 Posts
CV joint?

·
Registered
473 Posts
I believe that I am having the same problem as you. Anything past 3k rpm I get a rock in a pop can, card in a bike wheel< whatever you call it noise. I just always figured that it was a loose heatshield but it is really geting annoying. Mine will do it in nuetral if I rev to 3k rpm.

·
Registered
424 Posts
damn dude, i think im getting that same problem, higher gears (5th and 6th), lower rpms (around 1000-3000) its sounde like "raaaeeerrrrrrr" with little tickings, u guys think its anything serious?

·
Registered
166 Posts
hey i have that same problem and i took it to the dealership cuz we know the store manager and he let his "best" mechanic check it out (apparently he's the one that builds/rebuilds engines) so he thinks it might be some kind of bearing but needs to take apart my engine to find out. unfortunately he won't be able to get to it till after august because that's when i'ma be back in socal. if you don't get urs fixed by then and i find out the problem i'll let u know!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts