NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
DA General
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to install this alarm system correctly and am running into some issues. Hopefully you Pro's can help me out.

Here is the back story. I got the car from the Toyota dealer used and with a KARR alarm installed. After sooo many years i decided to install the RS3200 factory alarm. I purchased it last week and got it installed 2 days ago using the manual and other posts after searching the forum. As of right now the RS3200 alarm will ARM, DISARM, and go off if the doors are opened or the car is rocked about or hit.

Here is my problem. I cannot for the life of me get the RS3200 into programming mode for the wireless fob's. I am POSITIVE i have the right fob and will include picture. Today i took the car to work and noticed my blinkers werent working. I have a feeling i may have wired this wrong or the old car alarm effed up the wiring. I am including pictures on what my harness currently looks like. If you need bigger pics check out my gallery. ANY HELP WILL BE APPRECIATED.

If i cant get this working I'll end up taking it to the Stealership and give them my wallet.:violin:

Driver kick panel (connection # 1,2)

Ignition wire splice

Behind radio (connection # 3,4,5,6)

Behind radio passenger side (Connection # 7)

Passenger side (connection #8)

·
DA General
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just an update. I went off the pics from another thread here on NC.org. All in all there are actually 9 connectors.
http://www.newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=294744

Connections 1 and 2 are correct however #3 is a different style plug from the first pic and the pic of where it goes. the single grey wire connector is on the white piece behind the climate control but the #3 plug in pic one is actually behind the ignition.
Here is where #3 goes from pic 1 in the other thread.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
To b honest,

to do it right, you do not use t taps or scotch locks. Military splice or solder.

·
Registered
77 Posts
If the passive arm function works when you close the doors, then wiring is correct for the door courtesy switches (which are the sensors that have a closed circuit when the door is open).

If you are unable to enter programming mode with the door switches correctly wired, the problem is most likely an ignition switch wire related issue. The most common problem people have installing the original rs3200 is the exact issue you're having, and it's almost always because of the ignition switch wire splice and the harness you circled as #3. Check the splice one more time just make sure, and if that doesn't get you anywhere, I'll give you some steps to help you test the harness. I see a splice with electrical tape in that picture with the number 3 harness where a fault would cause part of your problem.

Because an old alarm was present there may be changes to the wiring, or variables that I can't know about or help you with. Do your best to examine the wiring under the steering column area in the driver's footwell area and also the are around the two kick panel junction blocks to make sure the wiring is unaltered as best as you can tell.

Also, please post the exact steps you have been using to try to enter programming mode. It's easy to make a minor mistake that will stop the procedure from working -maybe a second set of eyes will help. Even when you follow the steps correctly, sometimes it doesn't work. It can be frustrating, and you should be prepared for 2-5 tries -failing to work the first time is almost normal.

I also want to say that the door courtesy switches frequently fail on the Celica, and when they do, they become intermittent. I have had a lot of frustration in the past trying to program a car with a bad door switch. When this failure takes place, the signal that door has closed is sent multiple times which ruins the programming sequence. Sometimes these glitches happen very fast and the false signals are too fast to see with door ajar reminder light.

Also, what is the state of the project now? Is there still a fault with the turn signals? Are there any other known issues besides not being able to enter programming mode?

Don't give up yet. With the level of function you have achieved so far, the system is 90% installed and the problem, whatever it is can be fixed and even though the wiring harness seems overwhelming, the source of this problem is limited to only about 5 wires in it.

·
DA General
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Coder Thanks for the info!
I solved the issue in my update. the harness that i labeled #3 in the above pic was not included in the NC.org original write up. Once i figured out that harness was disconnected the blinkers worked, the RS3200 entered programming mode like a champ and everything seems to be working absolutely perfect with the exception of the lock actuators starting to fail due to age. I have new motors for the them and plan on installing them in the next week or so. I also bought a new Piezo buzzer and installed that as well. 1 beep locked and armed 2 beeps unlock and disarmed. THANKS!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.