NewCelica.org Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you with a WW wing.

I recently got a WW wing w/out the instructions. I need a little help with which screws go where. Here is what I have.

4 little screws. About a 1/2" long. I presume these hold the endplates on

4 allen screws. These require an allen wrench to tighten

4 more screws that require a regular screw driver.

What goes where?

Thanks guys!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
the shortest ones will bolt the wing onto the hatch.
the longer ones bolt the middle piece onto the ends.
the allen ones slap on the endplates (im assuming makes it harder for thieves to mess w/ your wing)

btw, do you have the ABS plastic one? holy crap it is nice and LIGHT! the design looks much improved over the past ones also. if i didnt get the sports m wing i totally would be happy with the redesigned v-line.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the help!

Is there special tool required for the short ones? There are little metal things in the middle making it impossible to use a regular allen wrench on them....

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
the short ones with the allen holes are security screws. they hold the outside covers on. they are like that because you have to use the supplied security allen wrench. you can buy them some places too. maybe www.securityscrews.com

the longass screws hold the blade on the sides, and are covered by the covers. the ones that are left should have white rubber washers that smash when screwed on to seal it. if you don't have those (probably won't if its used) you should get something like taht to make sure no water gets in.

good luck w/ the fiberglass ones. heh, they fill up with water!

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
aaaahhhh. That makes a little more sense now. How big are the white rubber washers? Are they about 1/8 to 1/4 inch? I don't have those damn things!

I guess I will have to buy some rubber washers!

Thanks again for your help guys!

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
the rubber washers are actually putty like gaskets. like J3adSeed
said, they keep out the water. jus get some kinda putty and wrap it on the end of the screw then mount

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.