NewCelica.org Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my girlfriend got a speeding ticket in the middle of penn. on our way to ohio on i-80, she got clocked on radar doing 85 in a 65. i did a search to try and find the advice about getting out of a ticket by mail. i couldnt find it, my question is that has anyone done this before and is there some kind of template we can follow to contest this thing ? if anyone has any help it would be amazing. by the way the cop was a @##$. he just came up to the car and said your getting a ticket and then walked away. we were like what the hell was that? any help would be amazing thanks in advance guys!

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The only one I've heard (and the people I talked to about it gave varying degrees of success) is to pay the ticket but include a check for an amount GREATER than the fine for the ticket. What this does, supposedly, is forces the state or county to refund the difference. You'll receive a check in the mail that you DON'T deposit. Again, what this SUPPOSEDLY does is place that ticket on hold until the check is deposited and the state/county has paid back the person.

NOW, all of this is speculative... some people have success and others don't. It all depends on the county/state the ticket was processed AND the perception of the person who deals with your case.

ALSO, once you pay the ticket, you admit guilt, and you won't have any chance in court to contest it, plead your case, and/or lower the fine/drop the points. If you attempt to do this and it fails, you're in for more trouble than you'd be in if you just went to court and contested the charge.

Catch-22 of sorts. Good luck!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ive heard that that was fake i just saw that same thing on another site and someone saying that it didnt work. thanks though anyone else?

·
Registered
12,350 Posts
Originally posted by sprocket360
ive heard that that was fake i just saw that same thing on another site and someone saying that it didnt work. thanks though anyone else?
there is a whole write up in the racing section about tickets.

Trial by written declaration is what you are looking for. Verrryyyyyy informative. Look it up.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the help guys!!

·
Registered
792 Posts
Havnt read those but alot of times insurance doesnt catch up with out of state tickets. I got one in md when i was in "college" and I was registered in nc. paid it and and it never came up on my insurance. Apparently its not too uncommon b/c there is so much hassle in getting all the states to share the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts